• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane The Accounts (2019) have landed ...

The club has never been viable. Never made money. Most football clubs don't. However, it has the best chance of being viable with the new stadium significantly reducing what any owner needs to put in.
Who would want to become the owner of a business that consistently loses money, and requires you to "put in" ?

Which is why we should be careful what we wish for...
I wish for our owner to the leave the club in a sustainable position, once he's had his big payday. Not a club that is of no interest to new owners because they have to keeping having to "put in" to keep the club afloat each season.

I wish for our owner to the leave the club in a sustainable position, once he's had his big payday. Not a club that is of no interest to new owners because they have to keeping having to "put in" to keep the club afloat each season.
Regrettably for that you need probably to convince the Prem and EFL to start insisting football is run sustainably. They are the root cause of the problem.

A new owner would have a far greater chance of achieving what you wish at the new ground. But I suspect people on here will soon be moaning if signings aren’t to the required standard and we aren’t “investing” in line with their expectations...

Regrettably for that you need probably to convince the Prem and EFL to start insisting football is run sustainably. They are the root cause of the problem.

A new owner would have a far greater chance of achieving what you wish at the new ground. But I suspect people on here will soon be moaning if signings aren’t to the required standard and we aren’t “investing” in line with their expectations...
With respect, I don't agree. The Prem and EFL do not run SUFC. It is for our club to run itself in an orderly manner and live within it's means. No new owner would wish to achieve anything at the new ground because all the prize assets would have been stripped away ?

With respect, I don't agree. The Prem and EFL do not run SUFC. It is for our club to run itself in an orderly manner and live within it's means. No new owner would wish to achieve anything at the new ground because all the prize assets would have been stripped away ?
There are very few clubs, if any, that run themselves in an orderly manner due to the costs of the professional game and the race to the untold riches of the champions league.

Either all clubs need to live within their means or none do, it is an industry wide issue sadly

There are very few clubs, if any, that run themselves in an orderly manner due to the costs of the professional game and the race to the untold riches of the champions league.

Either all clubs need to live within their means or none do, it is an industry wide issue sadly
Regrettably true...

True, but that doesn't mean SUFC can't do their utmost to become a sustainable football club. I'm still concerned that once RM has had his payday the club will not be able to survive. I think we need way more income streams from this project than what we are currently being promised.

Wow you need to open your eyes - do you seriously think SUFC want to lose money year on year? I can tell you now THEY DONT!

Have you got anything to base that on?
Have you got anything to suggest that Ron doesn’t mind losing millions of pounds every year? He doesn’t have a never ending pot of money and scrapes through to keep us alive every single season!

Too depressing for words. To think that we are in lifelong debt to this character !! Martin…..the man who destroyed SUFC and turned us into an embarrassing laughing stock that most people wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. Great job. !!

It still hasn’t really sunk in that thanks to Martin, we have arrived at this all time low point in our history. If only there were some way to be rid of him and his TOXIC grip on our club.

I’ve said this before, but having Martin at the helm, is like having Dr Harold Shipman “looking after” your most precious loved one, and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop him. ………..truly sickening.

Am I wrong ??

So as mentioned before what is the alternative, become the latest Bury, Darlington if we lose Ron and his merryband of men
Posters wanted signings they got them, wanted managers on decent salary, they got them, it didnt work so now reality kicks in
No Ron no club simple equation, the only way for the club to survive is turn up each week and enjoy the game and support those trying to play for the club

So the highlights and lowlights - Chris Powell was manager at the start of the year.

Wages went up by another £640 k to £6.24m

Wages 84% of turnover.

Advertising income up from £1.1m to £2.6m - who were the shirt sponsors? Presume this from Martin Dawn?

Income from season tickets and gate income was pretty static at £2.2m.

Income from player trading down £600k.

The loss for the year £2.5m is the equivalent of 1/3 of turnover of £7.5m …..

Better than Barça's (alleged) 95% :Smile::Smile:

No football club owner would put in substantial amounts of money to keep a club afloat unless there was something in it for them, and for Ron it is FF. At the end of the day Ron is a property developer chasing his pot of gold. Property developer first, football club owner second.

Assuming that FF goes ahead then any inter-company debts between the SUFC and his property empire will probably be settled, and perhaps this will be the time Ron looks to sell the club.

However, in the back of my mind is that Ron will only sell off the footballing side of the club and retain ownership of the new stadium - a source of guaranteed income and a valuable asset.

No football club owner would put in substantial amounts of money to keep a club afloat unless there was something in it for them, and for Ron it is FF. At the end of the day Ron is a property developer chasing his pot of gold. Property developer first, football club owner second.

Assuming that FF goes ahead then any inter-company debts between the SUFC and his property empire will probably be settled, and perhaps this will be the time Ron looks to sell the club.

However, in the back of my mind is that Ron will only sell off the footballing side of the club and retain ownership of the new stadium - a source of guaranteed income and a valuable asset.

Why is that in the back of your mind? Ron has already said he'll own the stadium and SUFC will be charged rent. He also said it won't be paid, but if it is being charged and not paid then it will appear as a creditor on the balance sheet so that if anyone wants to buy the club in the future then they'll have to settle that at some point.

If he's not prepared to give the stadium to the club after the millions he stands to make you can rest assured he'll expect any prospective new owner to settle that debt.

I have no issue with Ron making a return on his investment, but he seems to want to squeeze every last drop even if it means leaving the club with no assets and a mounting "rent debt".

Back