• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Bench

Have not seen it mentioned in the numerous threads, but did anyone think the choice of those on the bench was terrible and total bizarre?

I appreciate that we do not have a defender ready to play at the moment (other than the four playing), but would it not make sense to have Grant on the bench as a last resort, in case?

Also Macdonald ahead of Hooper?!?!?! WHAT!!

I would have thought the following would have made more sense/some sense:

Collis
Grant
Moussa
Robson-Kanu
Hooper

Grant's not there though, even if he may still be training with us, he's not on the books. Agree about Hooper though.

Thats fair enough, I was not aware with Grant, I was under the understanding that the only loan deal we had an issue with over the playoffs was Walkers expiring after next fridays match

can't believe revell came on on the wing!!
fair enough he did okay, but why wasn't kanu on there?
(the man who scored goals out of nothing for a few weeks)

Have not seen it mentioned in the numerous threads, but did anyone think the choice of those on the bench was terrible and total bizarre?

I appreciate that we do not have a defender ready to play at the moment (other than the four playing), but would it not make sense to have Grant on the bench as a last resort, in case?

Also Macdonald ahead of Hooper?!?!?! WHAT!!

I would have thought the following would have made more sense/some sense:

Collis
Grant
Moussa
Robson-Kanu
Hooper

The use of only 1 sub was more surprising, when fresh legs could have been very useful in the final 10-15, or longer.

It is or should be a 14 man game when played at the level of intensity of play-offs, unless you happen to be 2/3 goals up and coasting.

I think the decision to put revell out there as based on the following:
a. Revell used to play there frequently for Brighton, and ripped us apart in the LC tie we won 3-2 at The Hall a couple of years back.

and
b. Kanu is mostly left footed and, as mentioned in Barrett's banter, takes too many toiuches on the ball.

With revell having experience of the position and Kanu having to cut inside, and risking slowing play down then of the personnell available on the bench to replace Black, the Revell is the more logical choice.

I personnally would have pushed Walker wide, and put Revell in the centre, to give there centre backs more to think about physically, but that's just me.

I must have missed the game in which Kanu did anything worthwhile on the wing.

Revell is also far better defensively.

I think tilly made the right choices. We were playing well , not sure what would have improved if any more subs had come on, We just needed a bit of luck which we didnt get. I do think Hooper should defo be ahead of Mac D as apart from running alot not really the player who can change a game.

Hooper should of been on the bench instead of MacDonald imo
got nothing against MacDonald he gives 100% all the time i just feel Hooper giving the chance would be a bigger threat infront of goal.

Hooper should of been on the bench instead of MacDonald imo
got nothing against MacDonald he gives 100% all the time i just feel Hooper giving the chance would be a bigger threat infront of goal.

i dunno, I think i would rather Maccy d on a 1-1 then Hoops. Hoops would bottle it

hooper should defo be on the bench at least,he went to hereford and scored 12 in 18 games he is on fire,seen some of his goals on sky he is a better bet to score than the other 2 he had on the bench on friday,got to be in squad for 2nd leg

I think tilly made the right choices.

For me personally I'd have got Moussa on down the right instead of Revell. Infact given Black's awful form I'd have Moussa in for Black from the start on Friday. More cover for Franno and more solidity in the midfield - I'm not sure going with 2 out-and-out wingers from the off against a side as good as Doncaster on their home turf is the best strategy.

hooper should defo be on the bench at least,he went to hereford and scored 12 in 18 games he is on fire,seen some of his goals on sky he is a better bet to score than the other 2 he had on the bench on friday,got to be in squad for 2nd leg

But then looked his usual cack self when he got a game after returning the other week. IMO he's not L1 standard.

Back