• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane The Blue Knights

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Whatever happened to these guys?

Were they not tempted to try and rescue the club this time around?

Does anyone know who was in this group?

Are they now all too old and past it or like Carl’s bid were they only really ever in it for the property?

Elstree wasn’t it. Actually he posted well and articulately.

Thought it was the Rubin sons behind it. (Didn’t one of them pay for some cheap pr in a newspaper about how to run a football club?) and would just have been in it for the land.

Thought it was the Rubin sons behind it. (Didn’t one of them pay for some cheap pr in a newspaper about how to run a football club?) and would just have been in it for the land.
Spot on. Lovely post that.

Yes it was ElstreeBlue - Paul G, his dad Alan and the Rubin’s were involved, headed up by Mark. Paul is not only articulate but a decent guy, yet another burned by the club and the sorry shambles of its leadership.

The PR wasn’t paid, it was sorted by my mate Will - even back then the club were extremely defensive and I believe (but could be wrong) that they put the frighteners on Daily Mail from publishing when asked for comment. Like you I wasn’t keen on the content but that likely would’ve been what was commissioned by the editor.

Their approach was an administration and clean slate. Probably would’ve been a wise choice with hindsight.

Last edited:

Are they now all too old and past it or like Carl’s bid were they only really ever in it for the property?
Only in it for the property? **** off.

As I’ve said previously on here, I’ll help anyone looking to acquire, and have spoken to two of the bidders since. My intentions were to own my boyhood club, which sadly is looking like it’s going down the pan. I couldn’t do that without the land, or more accurately couldn’t do that with the risk of the land outside of the stadium development impairing the wider project. Would you trust that the access roads etc would be financed based on what you’ve seen so far?

Last edited:

No, I messaged Paul a few months ago, he’s sadly long since lost interest in the club emotionally, despite being a lifetime supporter.

Last edited:
More likely no interest in dealing with Ron rather than no interest in the club. Mark Rubin goes to most home games and many away games too.

Was a good read ,very sensible too, in fact probably too much sense spoken in it for the knobs who run football to understand .Gosh the Rubins owned the club way back when i was a kid .Didnt have all this sh**e and goings on back then , was a happy club ,well supported and had decent players too . What did the late Tina Turner sing "If i could turn back time "

Was a good read ,very sensible too, in fact probably too much sense spoken in it for the knobs who run football to understand .Gosh the Rubins owned the club way back when i was a kid .Didnt have all this sh**e and goings on back then , was a happy club ,well supported and had decent players too . What did the late Tina Turner sing "If i could turn back time "
That was Cher ….

Back