• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Bourne Ultimatum

seany t

President
So which of you thrill-seeking-action-loving-red-blooded-males have gone to see it so far?

I thought that it was a great ride. More of the same really when you think about it, but somehow they trick you into thinking it's not. I'm not going to say "it's the best one yet" as I thought the first one beat Supremacy, and upon rewatching I know that now to be wrong, but I haven't enjoyed a film at the cinema that much for a long time...

Standout moments [possible SPOILERS]:

• That insane paavement bunny hop on the dirt bike
• The fight in the Algiers flat where he uses a paperback as a weapon
• The moment where I realised the timeline of the films had been messed around with
• The whole Waterloo station sequence. Amazing 20 minutes...
• The references to the past films
• Realising that no-one had said anything much for an hour, yet still being gripped

Complaints:

• Camera was a bit mental again sometimes
• A few too many coincidences
• The "exposure" ending felt a bit out of keeping with the rest of the films tone

But overall, great I thought. Well worth catching...

great film ruined by Oliver Stone (the guy incharge of the photography). didn't enjoy watching conversations shot over the shoulder of the other person whilst the camera kept shaking. action scenes were even worse!

Have you seen Transformers? That is the best film I've seen at the cinema in a very, very long time.

I have't seen this yet, or any of the other ones but after seeing a trailer for it at work, I'm well up for watching all 3. Do I need to watch them in order to understand it, or can I pick it up from the 3rd one?

great film ruined by Oliver Stone (the guy incharge of the photography). didn't enjoy watching conversations shot over the shoulder of the other person whilst the camera kept shaking. action scenes were even worse!
The whole point of the "shaking camera" is that it has been shot in documentary style to enhance the feeling of "being there" amongst the action. I think it's clever but I understand that it's not for everyone ...

I'm glad you wrote all that. I haven't seen the 1st two and then went along. I must have missed most of

• The moment where I realised the timeline of the films had been messed around with
• The references to the past films

I was assured by my other half that it wouldn't matter. Now there's no point in seeing the first two because I know what happens at the end...

Famous Southend manager used to play for Chelsea.

The whole point of the "shaking camera" is that it has been shot in documentary style to enhance the feeling of "being there" amongst the action. I think it's clever but I understand that it's not for everyone ...

There's a notice on the advert for the film at the UCI (Festival Leisure Park) that warns that some people may find the action seqences cause nausea because of the shaking camera style shooting. I like it but I think in this film a lot of it was far too close to the action and made it sometimes very difficult to follow.

It was still a great film though.

AC

Back