• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would you like as club captain?

• Total voters
Timlin or Phillips, or maybe even Hall as a token gesture to keep him at the club. IMO leaders come to the forefront on the pitch whether they have an armband on or not.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, he's Sturrock's choice as captain, why does everyone have a massive downer on Barker?

Because he isn't playing well enough to hold down a starting position, and hasn't been doing so for a while now.
Captains aren't guaranteed a place in the squad though, wasn't Gerrard only being as a sub for a while at Liverpool last year?

Captains aren't guaranteed a place in the squad though, wasn't Gerrard only being as a sub for a while at Liverpool last year?

No but if he isn't playing the vice captain will soon be seen as the recognised skipper, much like the Maher - Barrett transition a few years back.

Because he isn't playing well enough to hold down a starting position, and hasn't been doing so for a while now.

Agreed, thought this at the end of last season, excellent player to have in the squad for his experience, however, should not be starting imo at the moment.

who is the vice captain? Harris? Personally I'd keep Barker as captain and make Mark Phillips vice captain, and then drop Barker ASAP.

Phillips Captain and Harris Vice Captain IMO.

And no offence to Barker, but he has not been up to scratch for a long time now. Not a starter for me anymore.

I Voted for Cresswell however Phillips being a longer member of the club may just take it over the new signing

Yes it does this is a ****ing forum for questioning and debate!!

what ****ing planet are you on????????????????????? :nope:

My point was that you can debate as much as you like, but it won't change Sturrock's opinion. Barker is his captain, and Harris the vice-captain.

My point was that you can debate as much as you like, but it won't change Sturrock's opinion. Barker is his captain, and Harris the vice-captain.

I don't think anyone is trying to change Sturrock's view, we're just discussing hypothetical situations. SZ would be very boring if these discussions didn't happen.

Ok so under your logic I will take half of your posts (the other half being drivel about some unknown on wikipedia dieing) and your post count should be halved because any of the debate you have had is pointless because it 'wont change sturrocks mind'

Its not about changing minds its about opinions example...

I think that Alison Moyet should have gone for that steak meal with me but whats the point me saying that because it wont changer her mind!

Ok so under your logic I will take half of your posts (the other half being drivel about some unknown on wikipedia dieing) and your post count should be halved because any of the debate you have had is pointless because it 'wont change sturrocks mind'

Its not about changing minds its about opinions example...

I think that Alison Moyet should have gone for that steak meal with me but whats the point me saying that because it wont changer her mind!
haha superb!!!

Back