• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Chat Room and Office Firewalls

Anyone who had problems before due to firewalls, could you please try the Chat Room again?

Hopefully, the problem's fixed now. If not, it'd be good to know.

Thanks,
SBH

No, still blocked here.

That will then be your filter policy rather than the firewall which just blocks on ports.

The one down side of the new chat room is that it is passing the connections to a 3rd party which has been cateogrised as a chat provider, whereas ShrimperZone.com is only in as sports site.

so Steve it looks like the database absorbing Live thread will continue for the foreseeable future. :p

That will then be your filter policy rather than the firewall which just blocks on ports.

The one down side of the new chat room is that it is passing the connections to a 3rd party which has been cateogrised as a chat provider, whereas ShrimperZone.com is only in as sports site.

so Steve it looks like the database absorbing Live thread will continue for the foreseeable future. :p

Well how about deleting the "live thread" once a month? Im not bothered about my post count TBH.

Well how about deleting the "live thread" once a month? Im not bothered about my post count TBH.

Why get rid of the "Live" thread? if people don't like the concept of it then they simply do not have to enter it.

Live chat receives the most amount of posts out of all the threads on the board so why close it down?

No I just meant "cleansing it" once a month if its taking up valuable computer bits and bytes.

I thought it was discovered that is wasn't taking up as much memory as originally thought?

I thought it was discovered that is wasn't taking up as much memory as originally thought?

With 17,400 posts, it still takes up a significant amount of memory in the database, but as people pointed out before, no more than 17,400 other posts spread about elsewhere on the Zone.

The original point was that it doesn't really seem to be affecting the site's performance - you only look at a small section at any one time - so there's no reason to get rid of it.

Ok.........it works but only when you open a new window.....if you go in via the "Float" option the bottom of the screen is cut of

There is no way that anyone will stay in there for more then 2 mins.....you can not read a thing

Petition to bring the old spread back anyone???

Back