• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Coach

Leeboy

Original and possibly best
Staff member
just wanted to say a big, big thanks to La Harris and Chairman Bob for all their hard work with the coach - luxury vehicle, free tea & coffee, friendly easy-going drivers and superb value for money.

I can see more Cratchitt Tours next season.........
cool.gif

Excellent stuff from Andee and Barris, no stopoff on the way and a later pickup allowed for even more pub time.

Until such day I get married and have kids yesterday will go down as my no.1 day ever. Great result and a top day all round from start to finish. Met loads of posters I hadn't met such as Seth, bucks blue, benfleetshrimp, W4 shrimper and managed to see out the celebrations after match with pboreham, who being a lincs resident was slightly bemoaning that there will be no local trips to Grimsby, Scunny and Boston next season. Hey ho, Notts Forest is still round the corner for him.

actually, talking of bucks blue, What happened to him in the end? I think he ended up a bit far from home!

I saw him wandering aimlessly down Vic Avenue at about 12:15 after i left the spread, i asked if he was ok and he just looked at me and stumbled off into the darkness
laugh.gif

I reckon there is a good chance he spent the night in a park/churchyard/doorway/bush or brothel
laugh.gif

Hmm. I dread to think what happened to him. Completely forgot about him stubbling off in the dark ...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 29 2005,11:41)]just wanted to say a big, big thanks to La Harris and Chairman Bob for all their hard work with the coach - luxury vehicle, free tea & coffee, friendly easy-going drivers and superb value for money.

I can see more Cratchitt Tours next season.........
cool.gif
Did you also thank them for making you sleep in this morning ?

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 29 2005,12:44)]Met loads of posters I hadn't met such as Seth, bucks blue, benfleetshrimp, W4 shrimper and managed to see out the celebrations after match with pboreham, who being a lincs resident was slightly bemoaning that there will be no local trips to Grimsby, Scunny and Boston next season. Hey ho, Notts Forest is still round the corner for him.
Good to meet you Kenny (and Bob Cratchitt, Bucks Blue and Barry)! A slight regret that a prior engagement meant that I had to make a sharp-ish exit from Cardiff, but that was definitely my best ever day in almost twenty years as a Shrimper.

Fan-bloody-tastic
smile.gif

Thanks to everyone who made the journey on the coach a great experience, also thanks to Barry for assisting me to organise it. The coach drivers were very laid back and good fun. I loved they way people who saw us thought we were the team. Have never seen so many happy smiles and fist clenching when I have gone past in a coach before.
laugh.gif
Even the Milstad Stewards redirected us away from the normal Southend Coach area to actually right out side the Stadium. Nearly got into the VIP section.
cool.gif

Also from the feedback from everyone on board we will definitely be running some more next year, probably one around Xmas and of course last away game of the season. And if there is a big mid week game then we might even consider doing a City pickup - of course always depending on demand.

Also it was good to meet up with more posters from the board - W4Shrimper, pboreham, SiaK (even though very briefly) and of course Seth, who I met on his first game to Roots Hall and now his last Southend game for a few years.

Seth enjoy the rest of your stay in the UK and have a safe journey home when you leave, and you never know I may turn up in Colorado to do a bit of skiing with you.
cool.gif

Would like to echo the thanks and praise that has already been said. Andee and Barry, excellent work. Excellent coach and drivers.
Perfect time for pick up and arriving in Cardiff. Nice to have a later pick up as well.
Fingers crossed this will be the first of many trips in seasons to come.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 30 2005,11:55)]Also it was good to meet up with more posters from the board - W4Shrimper, pboreham, SiaK (even though very briefly) and of course Seth, who I met on his first game to Roots Hall and now his last Southend game for a few years.

Seth enjoy the rest of your stay in the UK and have a safe journey home when you leave, and you never know I may turn up in Colorado to do a bit of skiing with you.
cool.gif
Great seeing you again on saturday Andee, you should definitely come out to Colorado, its a great place that has some of the best skiing in the world.
cool.gif

It was also nice seeing a lot of SZers that day, too many to name everyone, but to those that I met for the first time, Kenny, Steve, and Colin it was a pleasure being able to meet you all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 30 2005,11:55)]Also it was good to meet up with more posters from the board - W4Shrimper, pboreham, SiaK (even though very briefly) and of course Seth, who I met on his first game to Roots Hall and now his last Southend game for a few years.

cool.gif
It was good to meet you, Andee. I'm sorry if I seemed a little incoherent, I'm never at my best after a night drive. Who were the others with you happily abusing me from across the street? And how did you know who I was when I wasn't wearing my Kilt?

rock.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ May 29 2005,13:18)]I saw him wandering aimlessly down Vic Avenue at about 12:15 after i left the spread, i asked if he was ok and he just looked at me and stumbled off into the darkness  
laugh.gif

I reckon there is a good chance he spent the night in a park/churchyard/doorway/bush or brothel  
laugh.gif
Hmm,, Well sadly I didn't spend the night in a brothel but jumped a taxi back to Chelmsford and stayed at my folks.

Then got a train back here on Sunday.

Ta for the lift.

My head hurts.

ghostface.gif

SiaK

No worries mate, i was incoherent from being in the pub since 11am. I think the people with me where Kenny, Seth, and W4Shrimper. May have been more but there was a load of Szers in the Yard and we left about the same time.

I guessed it was you due to the "Rampant Lion" wrapped around one of the youngsters. So I took a punt and it paid off.

Maybe next time we can meet for longer so I can introduce to some more SZers. That way you can be in the clique
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ May 31 2005,08:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ May 29 2005,13:18)]I saw him wandering aimlessly down Vic Avenue at about 12:15 after i left the spread, i asked if he was ok and he just looked at me and stumbled off into the darkness
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Hmm,, Well sadly I didn't spend the night in a brothel but jumped a taxi back to Chelmsford and stayed at my folks.

Then got a train back here on Sunday.

Ta for the lift.

My head hurts.

ghostface.gif
How did you end up on the coach in the first place?

I thought I'd come back and continue the party!

In hindsight not the greatest idea.
ghostface.gif

By the time I was back in Saarfend I was too drunk to party so took my leave and headed home.

Thanks for everyone who came on the VIP coach on Saturday. it was such great day and was just like when Blues on Tour went to Everton in the FA Cup.
Just got pics back, got some really good pics of everyone in the pub after the match !!!! anyway, hope everyone has good summer and hope to see you on the next trip that me and Andee do next season in Div 1 !!!!!!!!!! still recovery from too much drink at the weekend:)

Back