• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Dave thread

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Plenty time spent on the train Saturday, so plenty time to come up with some nonsense talk. Anyway, two Dave-related themes came up.

At one point, I suggested that the day when Channel 4 do a list show called "Top 100 people called Dave" was probably not far away (seeing as they do these list shows all the time). A bit of time and a few beers later it was then suggested that everyone has got a mate called Dave.

So let's see. Please name a famous Dave and a mate called Dave, see if we can get to 100 for both. I'll kick off:

Famous Dave - Dave Grohl of Nirvana/Foo Fighters fame.

My mate Dave - Dave Thwaites. Works for Amazon in Slough.

Famous Dave - botanist David Bellamy (gwapple me gwapenash or whatever Lenny Henry used to say on Tiswas!!!)

Mate Dave - David Hepburn, ex-colleague, now works for National Australia Bank

Famous Dave - David ****inson of Tango/Bargain Hunt fame.

Mate Dave - Dagenham Dave who is actually from Hertfordshire.

Famous Dave - David Hasslehoff - Jump in my car

Mate Dave - David Raffaelli - Winger for my SZFC sunday football side

Famous Dave - Call me Dave, David Cameron himself

Mate - Dave Twydell, friend and colleague for nearly 30 years despite being a West Ham supporter.

Famous Dave: Dave Brubeck, writer of Take Five and general all-round jazz genius.

My mate Dave: Dave Bebb, erstwhile work-colleague, ginger nut, totally un-PC and generally a very good laugh. Doesn't like football - a bit of a failing, that - but otherwise a top lad.

Famous Dave: Davy Crockett (The Alamo)

Mate Dave: Dave Schulte (a friend from back in high school)

Famous: David Duchovny....(X Files was great until it went on FAR TOO LONG).

Mate: Dave my brother, however I'm not sure I'd want to class him as a "mate".

Famous..'Diddy ' David Hamilton...former DJ (real name is David Pilditch)

Mate.. Big Dave...Dave Crosby, good mate and all round nice guy.

Famous - Dave Seaman - Pony tail wearing England and ****nal legend.

Mate - Dave Houghton - Striker for Norton.

FAMOUS DAVE - Dave Gorman of Dave Gorman Show fame

MATE DAVE - My mate Dave Biggs who I went to school with. Top man.

Oh and me.

:finger:

famous Dave - David Wetherall - Bradford Defender

mate Dave - Dave Gracie - SZFC CB lump

and moI!.... :finger:

Former(?) radio personality Dave Lee Travis

Dave Devaney, former university housemate from the Wirral and a complete nutcase (in a good way).

Famous Dave - Dave from the Spread

Mate Dave - Dave the ex-sprinter who was engaged to Leila, a good bloke, I must get in tocuh with him!

Back