• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:off topic:
I have no idea what your criminal past (if indeed it is just limited to your past) has to do with the topic. I hope you passed probation before fleeing to Spain.

Ha! I nearly said that the last time I went to the Black Lion was to meet up with some West Ham mates before our CUP game with the Hammers a few years back.

Btw,I used to be employed by Middlesex Probation Service as a Hostel Warden.

Ha! I nearly said that the last time I went to the Black Lion was to meet up with some West Ham mates before our CUP game with the Hammers a few years back.

Btw,I used to be employed by Middlesex Probation Service as a Hostel Warden.

By the way just to let you know after the Black Lion we went to the Queen Vic just down the road. They have a band on Saturdays but as it was Sunday it was just a DJ.

How can I put this....I doubt very much its the sort of pub that welcomes left wing Marxist views. So if you do want a trip to your old haunts be careful where you go. The music was great though all British late seventies, mainly new wave, two tone and Ska.

By the way just to let you know after the Black Lion we went to the Queen Vic just down the road. They have a band on Saturdays but as it was Sunday it was just a DJ.

How can I put this....I doubt very much its the sort of pub that welcomes left wing Marxist views. So if you do want a trip to your old haunts be careful where you go. The music was great though all British late seventies, mainly new wave, two tone and Ska.

:off topic:I know but..thanks for the "friendly" advice.

FYI,I was a card carrying member of the CPGB,at the time.All my team mates knew that and weren't fussed about it.Can't say we mixed much with the locals,apart from trying to chat up a few lasses,presumably en route to the QV.Do remember a conversation with a printer for The Morning Star though,who lived locally.

The music at the BL (from a Juke box-or was it piped)? was pretty decent too,IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back