• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The death of football - great vid

Really good video, wish I was alive during the days of the terrace.

It would have meant no Internet, No PS3/X Box, Pubs that shut at 3pm and don't open again until the evening, three TV channels, some of which went off air in the afternoon and before midnight, rubbish cars that broke down almost weekly, etc.

It would have meant no Internet, No PS3/X Box, Pubs that shut at 3pm and don't open again until the evening, three TV channels, some of which went off air in the afternoon and before midnight, rubbish cars that broke down almost weekly, etc.

Ah but CBM 64's, assembly code programming in a darkened room to make a few sprites move about. Halcyon days my friend.

Storage heaters, brutal welsh P.E. teachers, going everywhere by bus,having to tuck your jeans into your socks whenever you rode a bike cos your flares where so Gi'nourmous

Phone boxes to make a call. Buses that had conductors. Ash trays in mcdonalds. Soda streams. Back passes to the goal keepers. Climbing frames and swings that were above concrete floors. Getto blasters and multoloured illuminess socks.
Clouts round the ear from some random adult for being cheeky.
Ski sunday and kick start.

The list goes on and on. I miss those days.

Good times!

Storage heaters, brutal welsh P.E. teachers, going everywhere by bus,having to tuck your jeans into your socks whenever you rode a bike cos your flares where so Gi'nourmous

Even more good times!

Phone boxes to make a call. Buses that had conductors. Ash trays in mcdonalds. Soda streams. Back passes to the goal keepers. Climbing frames and swings that were above concrete floors. Getto blasters and multoloured illuminess socks.

even more... well you get the gist!

Would swap late 80's/early 90's for any of the rollocks you have today, better music, clobber, football played in proper grounds, far fewer muggy replica shirts, no political correctness, no souless shopping precincts and, best of all, fewer people completely consumed by greed. Parents that actually tried bringing up their kids. People have just become saturated with everything these days, it's all far too easy. Back then the "I'm alright Jack" attitude started by Thatcher was only starting to take hold.

uncle-albert-2585.jpg

In my day...

Kick Start had a fantastic theme tune!

Careful what you wish for.

Aldershot, Dagenham, Torquay, Accrington, Barnet, Hereford, Macclesfield ..............................................................................................................

Visiting crappy old grounds might not be as far away as you might think.

:scared:

I think the Germans have got the right idea with new stadia that still cater for terracing with great atmospheres being generated.

I think the Germans have got the right idea with new stadia that still cater for terracing with great atmospheres being generated.

Just over a tenner to stand at the excellent Shalke stadium in Gelsenkirchen.

Back