• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just for the record - Robbie isn't a die-hard West Ham fan at all, his brother was/is and it was he that got Robbie's company (Jobserve) to sponsor West Ham in various guises, hence the reason they had a box their and Robbie attended some matches.

Robbie also does consider himself a Col U fan now (and is on record saying so) - can't remember Ron ever making an equivialant claim?

As for choosing Colchester over Southend - no idea - I would agree with you that Southend's support would suggest they are potentially a bigger club but thankfully he choose Colchester (perhaps because he only lives down the road in Tiptree, perhaps because we were available for sale and you weren't - who knows!?)

As for the future - who knows how long Robbie intends to keep going, but the indications are good - he's purchased land to build a training complex, increased funding in youth set-up, has employed additional back-office staff to progress the club commercially so he clearly has some form of longer term plan for us.

As for Ron - your saving grace is he needs the new stadium to safeguard his own personal financial security so I do believe he will make it happen eventually and then it depends on how much money he actually makes as to whether he continues trying to run the club or if he ditches it.

Well it seems strange that someone who isnt a west ham fan has been present on atleast 5 occasions when someobody i know has gone in a box with him and his family. It also seems strange that robbie himself has said he would have loved to have brought west ham but didnt have the money for it. Doesnt strike me as the sort of person that doesnt have an afinity to that particular club. Even more so that his company sponsored them.

Going back to why colchester i think you hit the nail on the head when you said that its locality. If he had been living closer to roots hall then who knows.

Its just a sad state of affairs that you can be going for the title and automatic promotion and yet a measily 3700 odd attend a league match. The colchester public are massively appathetic towards the club and southend united is the opposite. We have a footy mad town turnung its back on the club as its being run into the ground.

Had we been in your position we would be hitting 8000+ a game as we have done in recent seasons. Infact we averaged just under 8k last season and were relegated!

We are still averaging more than you this season and we are absoloute dog **** in the basement division.

I just think robbie picked the wrong club to invest his millions. But good luck to him..

Well it seems strange that someone who isnt a west ham fan has been present on atleast 5 occasions when someobody i know has gone in a box with him and his family. It also seems strange that robbie himself has said he would have loved to have brought west ham but didnt have the money for it. Doesnt strike me as the sort of person that doesnt have an afinity to that particular club. Even more so that his company sponsored them.

Going back to why colchester i think you hit the nail on the head when you said that its locality. If he had been living closer to roots hall then who knows.

Its just a sad state of affairs that you can be going for the title and automatic promotion and yet a measily 3700 odd attend a league match. The colchester public are massively appathetic towards the club and southend united is the opposite. We have a footy mad town turnung its back on the club as its being run into the ground.

Had we been in your position we would be hitting 8000+ a game as we have done in recent seasons. Infact we averaged just under 8k last season and were relegated!

We are still averaging more than you this season and we are absoloute dog **** in the basement division.

I just think robbie picked the wrong club to invest his millions. But good luck to him..

As I said previously his company has a box so he used to attend quite a bit (although I understand one of his Brothers still regularly attends)

His company sponsoring them was fairly sound commercial sense though given the exposure West Ham get due to being in Prem etc.

Totally agree about our attendance though - they are shocking - not been helped by the bland footie played under Lambert and then even worse under Boothroyd, coupled with over-zealous stewarding which enforced sitting for first 2 season at new stadium and we've lost a fair chunk of our already low attendances. Shamefully the only way our gates will improve noticeably is if we are pushing for promotion with a few games to go and then, if we get lucky, promotion.

That's the worse thing about being a fan - we have little/no influence on the owners of our clubs, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

As I said previously his company has a box so he used to attend quite a bit (although I understand one of his Brothers still regularly attends)

His company sponsoring them was fairly sound commercial sense though given the exposure West Ham get due to being in Prem etc.

Totally agree about our attendance though - they are shocking - not been helped by the bland footie played under Lambert and then even worse under Boothroyd, coupled with over-zealous stewarding which enforced sitting for first 2 season at new stadium and we've lost a fair chunk of our already low attendances. Shamefully the only way our gates will improve noticeably is if we are pushing for promotion with a few games to go and then, if we get lucky, promotion.

That's the worse thing about being a fan - we have little/no influence on the owners of our clubs, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

I agree with most of that it pains me to say lol

Try being us mate. Getting outplayed by a morcambe side bottom of the league who brought 50 away fans! Things have gone so down hill that i have been grateful to have been working on matchday so i have a valid excuse not to attend and thats coming from a season card holder who has already paid!

Things are desperately bad at roots hall at the moment. The only thing we have going for us is our fan base and thats dwindling we have lost about 2.5-3k a game from last season and i can see crowds of col u esque proportions coming in the post christmas weeks ahead.

Worrying times indeed

Back