• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Ex

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Its just coming up to a year that me and my girlfriend of 5 years broke up it nearly killed me when it ended but I got through it thanks to mates football and a few drinking sessions but I still talk to her now and again and I always try to get back with her she wont have it.

We meet nearly 6 years ago now I was 18 an she was 16 we met on something called 'face party' one of the really early social networking sites she was from Cambridge so it has always been a kind of long distance thing.

Now I have just found out she is seeing somebody and this makes me sick to my stomach, I just want to drive up there and pummel the crap out of this bozo.

Just need to advice really I hate being hung up on this.

Have another ****.

Serious answer - you've got to let go, she's moved on. Her loss.

Move on Scott. Beating the crap out of him will just alienate her totally and could get you locked up.

It maybe a cliche but there's plenty more fish in the sea and you'll find the one, as I did after I split from my ex of 10 years.

Move on Scott. Beating the crap out of him will just alienate her totally and could get you locked up.

It maybe a cliche but there's plenty more fish in the sea and you'll find the one, as I did after I split from my ex of 10 years.

worry about the bolded part rather than the first. And the second sentence is spot on.

Absolutely agree Scott, move on, time is a healer - it will still hurt, and you'll get gut wrenching moments from time to time but keep heading in the right direction and it'll get better.

Its just coming up to a year that me and my girlfriend of 5 years broke up it nearly killed me when it ended but I got through it thanks to mates football and a few drinking sessions but I still talk to her now and again and I always try to get back with her she wont have it.

We meet nearly 6 years ago now I was 18 an she was 16 we met on something called 'face party' one of the really early social networking sites she was from Cambridge so it has always been a kind of long distance thing.

Now I have just found out she is seeing somebody and this makes me sick to my stomach, I just want to drive up there and pummel the crap out of this bozo.

get Bradders to pick us up i feel a road trip

Right, Get ready to be bored ****less.

I met old Mrs DtS when I was about 20 and she was 18. Basically first bird I had ever really loved and within about a weeks dating we lived in each other pockets. Had a few wonderful holidays etc we both worked for the same company so spent all day and night together etc. Loved it.

Then over the next year I decided travel was not for me as wanted to earn proper money so retrained into finance and managed to get a job in the city. Ended up being the end of us really as I wanted to be my own man at weekend and she wanted to do her own thing. Never saw her in the week as went out drinking,football etc.

Anyway eventually she dumped me. Cried my eyes out (I was 21 and thought I could take on the world so it was a shock). Met my Dad at Liverpool Street and cried again - really gutted. Dad told me loads more fish in the sea and not to worry. I replied never meet women so no chance. Wish I had listened to him now.

I then discovered that being able to chat for a living gave me an advantage so I met quite a few women. However as my ex was still calling me I could really comitte to anyone which was a shame as met some super girls.

Finally got back with the ex-Mrs knowing full well things werent right. She never had any money where as I had cash to splash. To give you an idea I was 22 and on £35k and she was 20 and on £12k. She had no drive, didnt really want kids etc.The fundamentals we had werent there. Dragged it on and off for another 3/4 years. It was such a waste of space

I finally finished with her in about Jan 2006. I had six months to myself which I loved and then I met my wife. I met her on a packed train,chatted her up and from out first date I have never ever looked back. I now have one nearly two kids and have never been happier. The new Mrs is a million times better for me than the old one. I am truely blessed to have her.

My point if your still awake TB was that I could never have got where I am now had I not dumped the ex when I did. At the time it hurt a lot and I was devestated but sometimes you need to have the bad times to appreciate the good. If someone doesnt love you back as much as it hurts then sadly you cant make them.

You are better off savign your love for someone that can love you back and they are out there. You just might not find them for a while. My other tip would be to lose all contact. Its not productive at all and in the long run could stop you making the break.

x

Last edited:
Its Now I have just found out she is seeing somebody and this makes me sick to my stomach, I just want to drive up there and pummel the crap out of this bozo.

What would that achieve?. She probably would'nt speak to you anymore, would you want that?.

Originally Posted by Dave the Shrimper
To give you an idea I was 22 and on £35k and she was 20 and on £12k.

And your point is?

And your point is?

My point was (not that I really made it clear) was I ended up with her just poncing off me and she was holding me back with her no funds and lack of ambition.

And your point is?

It sounded to me like she was happy to sponge off DtS.

And your point is?

My point was (not that I really made it clear) was I ended up with her just poncing off me and she was holding me back with her no funds and lack of ambition.

So we have made it clear now the whole world and relationships revolves around money and ambition.

So we have made it clear now the whole world revolves around money and ambition.

you got a bee in your bonnet tonight John?

At least DtS is being honest about his aspirations, it sounds like his ex didn't share them, which is why it didn't work out for them.

you got a bee in your bonnet tonight John?

At least DtS is being honest about his aspirations, it sounds like his ex didn't share them, which is why it didn't work out for them.

Thanks Pubey.

Good to see im not speaking another language.

Back