• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The fan who.....

Oh dear!
rock.gif

He should be barred for life and anyone who talks about giving officials a 'Kicking' should be made to follow him out of the door. The officials are often of poor quality but they are not human punchbags. Change the standard by all means but until then keep the mindless comments within your mind.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Feb. 16 2005,18:58)]He should be barred for life and anyone who talks about giving officials a 'Kicking' should be made to follow him out of the door. The officials are often of poor quality but they are not human punchbags. Change the standard by all means but until then keep the mindless comments within your mind.
Agreed. Match officials have a hard enough job without some mindless numbnut taking it upon themselves to exact their own form of punishment. Face facts : without these match officials willing to give up their own time to regulate a game that they must surely love, we'd have no game at all. Ten years really isn't enough. I would have gone for a life ban.

PS - Kev : I know we can all get carried away sometimes (me included) but please don't encourage the small-minded with such stupid comments.

WS

Well if we miss out on the play-offs by a point or so then i'll know one of the reasons. I'll go and give the f*cker a good k ....

OK! Stopped!

biggrin.gif

You must admit though, it was the best moment of a truly dire game. That goal should have stood though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well if we miss out on the play-offs by a point or so then i'll know one of the reasons. I'll go and give the f*cker a good k ....

Or we could look back at the penalties that weren't given Vs Swansea and Scunny.

I am slightly confussed by this matter and all banning orders.How are they enforced?are there coppers standing at grounds with pictures of every fan that is banned throughout the country?If this fan only goes to the odd game he may not be a "recognized"face so how would the local old bill know him?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Feb. 16 2005,22:11)]I am slightly confussed by this matter and all banning orders.How are they enforced?are there coppers standing at grounds with pictures of every fan that is banned throughout the country?If this fan only goes to the odd game he may not be a "recognized"face so how would the local old bill know him?
I've often thought of and asked this question only to be patronised by the usual know it alls on here, so I stopped asking! Hope you get a more civilised response than what I did!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Feb. 16 2005,22:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Feb. 16 2005,22:11)]I am slightly confussed by this matter and all banning orders.How are they enforced?are there coppers standing at grounds with pictures of every fan that is banned throughout the country?If this fan only goes to the odd game he may not be a "recognized"face so how would the local old bill know him?
I've often thought of and asked this question only to be patronised by the usual know it alls on here, so I stopped asking! Hope you get a more civilised response than what I did!
Hope this isn't patronising, anyway ....

In the recent past, those given a ban were required to report in person to their local police station at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon or at kick-off time on any other matchday. It may be a different story now with electronic tagging now though.

And I'll resist the temptation to say "Goooooooddddddddd, EVERYBODY knows that!"
wink.gif

I fully support banning people for assaulting officials , but let's all admit it, we have all felt like doing it one time or another but are too restrained.
Some officials could benefit from a stiff talking to.

Sorry I think it’s a bit harsh... bloody ten year ban...

It’s taking the **** and Mr Richard Spooner nos it... sorry it was a goal... the lines man got it wrong... a  push big deal...

No way  he deserves a ten year ban...

Foote  fans r getting a bad deal for the mo.. An easy nick...

Sorry but  thats true.. Stand up and sing that’s a banning as well or u lot sit down and good boys

what the fcuk s going on…

Its out of order BIGTIME
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

OOCATC - I too was under the impression of that is how they dealt with such cases. But according to the Echo it stated that the guy is not allowed in the same town as Southend Utd when playing away, so does that mean he can go to any other town/city in the world and if so how would they enforce this ban then??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ Feb. 16 2005,23:59)]Sorry I think it’s a bit harsh... bloody ten year ban...

It’s taking the **** and Mr Richard Spooner nos it... sorry it was a goal... the lines man got it wrong... a  push big deal...

No way  he deserves a ten year ban...

Foote  fans r getting a bad deal for the mo.. An easy nick...

Sorry but  thats true.. Stand up and sing that’s a banning as well or u lot sit down and good boys

what the fcuk s going on…

Its out of order BIGTIME
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
Sorry mate you can't have fans running on the field assaulting players or officials no matter how bad the decision. The field is absolutely out of bounds no matter what. The personnel need to feel they are safe.

10 years is not long enough IMHO.

tv replays would have saved the official and the fan from making idiots of themselves.

10 years is harsh maybe 5. He may have to report to the police station for the first year or so. But after that it tends to be done on recognition of the offender. some are more easier to spot than others though.
blues.gif

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

I was sitting in line with the linesman, it was definately offside.
sorry lads

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ Feb. 16 2005,23:59)]Foote  fans r getting a bad deal for the mo.. An easy nick...

:
Quite possibly, but if you go to a football match sporting a certain look (Stone Island, Paul and Shark, Aquascutum etc.) then you are going to be under closer scrutiny by police and stewards even if you sit quietly and watch the match.

Back