• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The fbm review

Couldn't have said it better myself. the aggregate score was the same as last year too! 4-3

Good stuff again fbm. Well worth waiting up for!

Good report but with regard to Freddy complaining which allowed them to break for the goal. I don't know where you were sitting but from the South Upper he was clearly barged in the back by the big lump of a defender and if they had gone on to win I would have happily lynched the Ref and the Linesman for not seeing it. It was cynical and blatant!

Agree with MOM Gray worked really hard and I felt a bit sorry form him as the 2nd goal wouldn't have been possible but for his effort and Freddy get's all the credit despite trying to fluff it!
I hope both of them can stay fit for the final as Grays Pace and Freddy's skill will trouble Wrexham's defence on the massive cardiff pitch like Bullock did to us last year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Mar. 09 2005,09:38)]Good report but with regard to Freddy complaining which allowed them to break for the goal. I don't know where you were sitting but from the South Upper he was clearly barged in the back by the big lump of a defender and if they had gone on to win I would have happily lynched the Ref and the Linesman for not seeing it. It was cynical and blatant!
I was in the East Greens and it was a certain free kick. I think Freddy's only crime was being too honest and not falling over in a crumpled heap like the big boys do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (moneypit23 @ Mar. 09 2005,09:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Mar. 09 2005,09:38)]Good report but with regard to Freddy complaining which allowed them to break for the goal. I don't know where you were sitting but from the South Upper he was clearly barged in the back by the big lump of a defender and if they had gone on to win I would have happily lynched the Ref and the Linesman for not seeing it. It was cynical and blatant!
I was in the East Greens and it was a certain free kick.  I think Freddy's only crime was being too honest and not falling over in a crumpled heap like the big boys do.
I think you're both missing the point.

I'm not saying that Freddy wasn't fouled; I'm saying he should play to the whistle. He needs to be stronger in certain situations. The foul that led to their 2nd goal was by no means an isolated incident, and as the game went on, every time he was challenged he appealed to the ref instead of trying to win the ball back.

Anyway, after a performance like that, it seems a tad harsh to criticise as he generally was so good. But it's just an observation.

It is a complaint I have not only about freddy. Too often our players appealed with arms in the air for free kicks and were then second to the ball when the decision was not awarded. However, as you say cannot criticise this morning after a memorable result.

Well played the Shrimpers and lets beat last years attendance at the final.

Back