• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Final-The Final-The Final

Who is the Best Song Writer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
So after a month of deliberating and voting we are down to the last two. The poll will stay open for 4 days and the winner announced Monday.

Well done to all for taking part, now lets try to separate these 2. It's amazing that the 2 oldest blokes on The Zone have got this far.:smiles:

So this is it: The Final.

Jagger/Richards- Mcnasty v John Lennon-Canveyshrimper.

Over to you lot for the last time to decide who takes the crown.

For all I've said against Lennon, I do prefer him to the other pair so that's where my vote goes here.

Mick & Keef - legends...well up until about 1971, and apart for a momentary flash of their former selves, they've been living on their 1960's past glories for the last 40+ years and are something of a pantomime act.

John Winston Lennon - for me, he's absolutely everything why I love music. If I'd of had a son, he'd have been called Lennon. The man became much more than his music, he became a legend. For me, the driving force behind the Beatles, the greatest band this world has, and will ever see.

The Beatles shaped music, and as much as I love the Stones, they pretty much just recycled some 12 bar delta blues. When the Stone tried to ape the Beatles it was truly awful (and even Keef admits it was a mistake!) on Satanic Majesties....

Sorry Ken, as much as I luff you John Lennon is in a universe all to himself.

Firstly well done Cricko on organising and running this so well, :clap: despite handing me tough draws throughout, thanks John. :thumbsup:

A bit of a strange one for me in many ways as I love the Stones and have seen them live more than any other band and artist, which is kind of ironic as I never saw the Beatles or (sadly) John Lennon. The pure longevity of the Stones and the fact that Keith Richards is still above ground is another reason, as I subscribe to the theory that you can't have rock idols that are younger than you.

However I would like to thank those that have voted for John Lennon throughout this battle and I hope that you'll continue with your support in the final, which is more of a marathon than a sprint. I'll be back later with a few videos, but in the meantime, please vote Lennon.

Ta muchly.

Lennon all day long for me.... A couple to help H out.

[video=youtube;J5fUP5eoJ8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5fUP5eoJ8Y[/video]

[video=youtube;iAJ2AoEwDvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ2AoEwDvY&feature=related[/video]

Glad to make it this far . I will post clips later and there is no truth in the rumour I will ban anyone voting for Neil Lennon

My mum was instrumental in my taste in music, introducing me at a young age to The Beatles, The Stones & Dylan, I worked out the rest from there. And I'll vote the way I know my mum would for this tie, with Mick & Keef, she's arguably a bigger Beatles fan, and if it was Lennon & McCartney she'd have voted that way. Plus she thinks Lennon was a ****.

Glad to make it this far . I will post clips later and there is no truth in the rumour I will ban anyone voting for Neil Lennon

Using that odious pricks name in comparison to the late great John is beyond the pale Ken :Red card:

Mick & Keef - legends...well up until about 1971, and apart for a momentary flash of their former selves, they've been living on their 1960's past glories for the last 40+ years and are something of a pantomime act.

John Winston Lennon - for me, he's absolutely everything why I love music. If I'd of had a son, he'd have been called Lennon. The man became much more than his music, he became a legend. For me, the driving force behind the Beatles, the greatest band this world has, and will ever see.

The Beatles shaped music, and as much as I love the Stones, they pretty much just recycled some 12 bar delta blues. When the Stone tried to ape the Beatles it was truly awful (and even Keef admits it was a mistake!) on Satanic Majesties....

Sorry Ken, as much as I luff you John Lennon is in a universe all to himself.
If I had a son I'd name him MK Shrimper.

Philip David Charles "Phil" Collins, LVO (born 30 January 1951)[SUP][1][/SUP] is an English singer-songwriter, drummer, pianist and actor best known as a drummer and vocalist for British progressive rock group Genesis and as a solo artist.
Collins sang the lead vocals on several chart hits in the United Kingdom and the United States between 1978 and 1994...

Oh wait. Nobody likes good music. :hilarious:

Philip David Charles "Phil" Collins, LVO (born 30 January 1951)[SUP][1][/SUP] is an English singer-songwriter, drummer, pianist and actor best known as a drummer and vocalist for British progressive rock group Genesis and as a solo artist.
Collins sang the lead vocals on several chart hits in the United Kingdom and the United States between 1978 and 1994...

Oh wait. Nobody likes good music. :hilarious:

Let it go fella. You lost....twice :whistling:

Coming from someone who takes his "Battle of.." defeats with all grace of erm, of someone who takes defeat badly :stupidme:

Oy! I'm very gracious in defeat me. Have to be in this nest of corrupt vipers :raspberry:

A taster of things to come.

[video=youtube;FynVXDRNNbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FynVXDRNNbw&feature=related[/video]

Back