• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The First Cup Final On Saturday.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
If we can get Three points on Saturday, then we have a chance, if not it will be very hard to escape, although of course not impossible. Exeter leaving with Three points doesn't bear thinking about.

The teams above us that look vulnerable are Tranmere, Gillingham and free-falling Orient. Brighton look strong now, and Hartlepool and Oldham are not too bad.

It's all up for grabs, but how big is that game on Saturday? The only way to approach it is to treat each game as a Cup Final.

Indeed this week is a massive game, if we dont win on Saturday I dont think we will recover.

We dont have to win the next 3 games, but we do need to get 6 points minimum to keep us in touch and I think the target should be 7 points, with Exeter being a must win.

We then need to get results against Gillingham, Brighton and Stockport and then hope to get a results against Brentford and Yeovil.

In theory sounds ok but you just have to look at our results to see the size of the hill we need to climb.

We need 18 points out of 12 games, however we only got 5 points out of the last 12 games.

The season starts now.

i do agree if we get no 3 points sat then i do think thats pretty much it.

hopefully it won't come to that. 3 points will change so much. not to mention it will do the players a world of good.

While I agree a win will be a great morale booster, with a heady sense of realism we'll still be in the bottom four, and we are also reliant on other results going in our favour.

The season does indeed start now. However, I believe that we really have to take nine points from the next three games. We are four points adrift as of this morning. Can't see it happening though....... not having won a game for................etc etc we all know the story.

Such an important game Saturday and i'm pretty nervous as everyone is i'm sure. But i'm not saying this to put everyone down or anything, but i really do think if we don't get 3 points out of this game we are getting relegated :(
But hopefully we will and we can!

Dont mean to sound too pessimistic but just cant see where we will get the points from. The teams around us are winning games and we arent. No clean sheet since October, have only scored more than once in one game this year. Top scorer 3 goals. We need a spark, but with a transfer embargo on this seems unlikely. Maybe Webb will provide it but seemingly hes only a "consultant", how much impact will he have? Our record against the teams around us is pretty shocking, we need to change that pronto. Start by dropping Mvoto, hes a walking accident at the moment, and get Scannell back on the right where he has played so well. Would also give Spencer a run out alongside Vernon.

Dont mean to sound too pessimistic but just cant see where we will get the points from. The teams around us are winning games and we arent. No clean sheet since October, have only scored more than once in one game this year. Top scorer 3 goals. We need a spark, but with a transfer embargo on this seems unlikely. Maybe Webb will provide it but seemingly hes only a "consultant", how much impact will he have? Our record against the teams around us is pretty shocking, we need to change that pronto. Start by dropping Mvoto, hes a walking accident at the moment, and get Scannell back on the right where he has played so well. Would also give Spencer a run out alongside Vernon.

It looks like the painfully slow and still not match fit Mvoto will be dropped for this one with AB back in the centre, and Malone in at left back.

AHH so much better than mid table blandness... its rare that a shrimpers game doesnt count for something!!!

I'm looking forward to the final few games of the season. Bit of bite and interest to the games which is one of the reasons we are in this position - the players didnt care when we were in mid table obscurity and they weren't being paid (and rightly so) but now we are in this position everyone appears up for the fight.

Only looking forward to the end of the season if we are still in this league.

dont really like the terminology of "Every game is now a cup final". it really isnt

Must get a win today, no questions asked..

Just hope it is not another performance like we put up against tranmere or wycombe :(

Back