• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fruits of Your Labour?

Which is your favourite fruit?

• Apple

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Banana

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Cherry

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Something foreign (i.e. kiwi)

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

NZamba Legend

Deep-lying playmaker ⭐
After a period of sustained work this afternoon (about 35 mins) I decided to treat myself to an orange and I have to say it was absolutely delicious. This got me wondering whether any other Zone fiends had a favourite fruit. I am sure many have but up until now have kept their laurels hidden under a bush or have preferred to talk about more manly foods such as bacon, McDonalds or 'funsize' chocolate bars.

Perhaps if this poll takes off in a big way, we could utilise the first home game of the season to have some sort of award ceremony. Maybe- and don't shoot me down simply for suggesting this- club captain Kevin Maher could dress up as Shrimperzone's favourite fruit- lets say an orange-and receive a trophy on behalf of oranges in general. I haven't approached the club or anything but I think they may want to go with this.

Last edited:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... 131 posts and everyone hilarious!!

grapes are my favourite

banana wins hands down...

Its not just for the taste of this wonderful fruit, nay... that alone leads to stiff competition from other fruits..

however, the sheer convience of the banana is as if God himself (the creator of all fruits) decided that one fruit should come in its own, clean, and easy to dispose of packaging....

Its the only fruit out of the above that you cant get in a mess with, and wont end up with sticky hands... and also has the added value of becoming a comedy treat, to leave its 'wrapper' strewn over the pavement for some poor unsuspecting sole to slither upon!

The banana... a convienence food way before its time

banana wins hands down...

Its not just for the taste of this wonderful fruit, nay... that alone leads to stiff competition from other fruits..

however, the sheer convience of the banana is as if God himself (the creator of all fruits) decided that one fruit should come in its own, clean, and easy to dispose of packaging....

Its the only fruit out of the above that you cant get in a mess with, and wont end up with sticky hands... and also has the added value of becoming a comedy treat, to leave its 'wrapper' strewn over the pavement for some poor unsuspecting sole to slither upon!

The banana... a convienence food way before its time

Surely the wrapper-less apple and cherry, are more convenient?

Surely the wrapper-less apple and cherry, are more convenient?

no, these are not as easy to eat as a banana...

the apple, you have to eat around and around the core, often getting juice on your hand....

and cherrys...... that bloody pip in the middle, that you either have to spit in your hand (sticky hands) or spit on the floor, and get frowned upon

*tries to keep a straight face and not sound in the least bit Viz / Carry On Film*

I like plums. No, really. The humble plum is my favourite fruit. I believe it's indingenous to these shores as well, so it doesn't really fit within the categories listed above. The same goes for my second favourite fruit, the strawberry - again, very much indingenous to these shores.

So, there you go.

:p

Tangerines for me. Due to a childhood illness, all green fruit makes me chunder. Pretty tough on the best scrumper in Hadleigh back in the 70's.

Very good poll, only slight concern is the lack of options. Where be the grape and the pear?

However, my favorite is there, one more vote for the b a n a n a

So, as it stands Maher will be dressed up as a banana first home game of next season. I've contacted him through a friend of mine and apparently he is ok with it but he would rather something tropical won because it reminds him of drinking Quattro as a kid.

I'm going to go for the Pineapple and before you all say 'you've mugged yourself right off you c***' consider this word:

Versatility.

Not only is it the tastiest of fruits but consider this menu:

Amuse bouche - cheese and pineapple on sticks.

Main - Hawaiian pizza.

Dessert - Tinned pineapple rings/chunks.

Drinks - Pina colada (Lilt for the kids).

Bon appetit.

Last edited:
I prefer grapes, although they can be a bit hit and miss. Of the choices above I'd go for banana - a fine fruit that's pretty consistent (can't ever remember having a bad one).

Dave is right, the banana wins. Not least because you can always put in you pocket and pretend it's a gun. With hilarious consequences!

Its all about the banana, esp for the funny looks you get from eating one being female.
I bought a massive one last week (banana that is) and sat and ate it at my desk after lunch, some of the looks and eyebrow raises I got were interesting to say the least :hilarious: :hilarious:

Back