• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the game

patsy127

well, just a quick point, i'm happy with 0-0, take it to Roots hall now, i know i slagged off Dudfield, but i was happy with his performance. he played well, when he got a chance, and a half to shine, good call starting Bramble i think or maybe Dudfield, good call dropping Gray though

Are you happy with the result?

COME ON YOU BLUES!!! TAKE IT TO ROOTS HALL NOW  
smile.gif

Yeah, pretty pleased. Thank god for Flavs and I just hope our players realise where the back of the net is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (patsy127 @ May 15 2005,19:26)]well, just a quick point, i'm happy with 0-0, take it to Roots hall now, i know i slagged off Dudfield, but i was happy with his performance. he played well, when he got a chance, and a half to shine, good call starting Bramble i think or maybe Dudfield, good call dropping Gray though

Are you happy with the result?

COME ON YOU BLUES!!! TAKE IT TO ROOTS HALL NOW  
smile.gif
Flahavan MOTM easily....Barrett second

Us to win it at the hall

Not exactly the most exciting game of football I have ever seen.

Barrett was immense fortunately the couple of times the striker did get the ball ahead of him, they weren't put away. There was no way we deserved to concede because we were resolute and Juppy throwing his body in the way of Kirk's shot typified our performance today.

Bentley was also immense, let the opposition know he was there and he really wanted it today. Looked to weigh in with the tackles and go forward with the ball. A tremendous work rate.

Flavs was first class, a couple of times he come today and then stopped which when you haven't got those few extra inches could prove costly on another day especially if there strikers actually managed to get to the ball first. That save at the end of Kirk was first class because he was travelling the other way and then threw himself down to make a great one handed save.

Poor lukey guttridge should have stuck his header away and the boot just put him off which is interesting because there were a couple of high boots given and a couple not today and it does make me wonder what classifies as a high dangerous boot because lukey certainly wore it around his neck.

I think Tes looked strong today but the lack of understanding between Fred and him was apparent in that whereas Wayne Gray will often win the ball in the air and hold it up then turn, Tes is always looking for the flick on and Fred just wasn't there on the last shoulder of their defence willing to take that gamble.

I thought Fred looked quiet today but again he looks dangerous when picking the ball up deep and running at players. A pin point cross to lukey guttridge that couldn't be converted was good. A shame he didn't manage to put his free header on target from a maher free kick, maybe he took his eye off it but would have expected it to have hit the target.

Gower and Petts were reasonably quiet I think. Petts put one great ball through to Lawrie with the outside of his boot and worked hard like he always does but didn't get much possession. Gower creates space beautifully out wide with one touch on one foot and then swinging it in with the other like that cross put right on Bentleys head today in the first half but it just wasn't his day.

Spinner came into it and looked solid and motivated throughout and showed his experience and his good reading of the game today. Juppy out wide on the right to support him and get the balls out we looked solid at the back today and Che didn't look out of place although that chance that McGleish couldn't quite dig out from under his feet in the first half was interesting with 2 players running on and Che a few yards behind.

Captain Kev pulled the strings again and covered a lot of grass today but didn't have much of a say but he did his job well, rallied the troops and I think we can look forward to the second leg.

The fans were in great voice out there today and hopefully in front of a large Roots Hall faithful we can give it our all and support them onto victory after a hard fought draw today where we worked our socks off right to the end.

Well done Southend!! 90 minutes to go!

Back