• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Growing Fanbase

shrimpled

Director⭐
Having just finished my Christmas shopping in Brentwood, my hometown, i noticed a large number of people in SUFC paraphernalia. This is uncommon around here as most people follow London based Premier League sides. I saw more people in replica shirts, SUFC hats, coats and scarves than Spammer gear. Absolutely fantastic! Also noticed more people travelling to games from the Stations around here and its brilliant! Well done to SUFC and everyone. I'm convinced more now than ever that should we get the new ground we will be a midtable Championship club within a few years, and who knows from there!

UP THE BLUES!!!

Having just finished my Christmas shopping in Brentwood, my hometown, i noticed a large number of people in SUFC paraphernalia. This is uncommon around here as most people follow London based Premier League sides. I saw more people in replica shirts, SUFC hats, coats and scarves than Spammer gear. Absolutely fantastic! Also noticed more people travelling to games from the Stations around here and its brilliant! Well done to SUFC and everyone. I'm convinced more now than ever that should we get the new ground we will be a midtable Championship club within a few years, and who knows from there!

UP THE BLUES!!!

I am still of the opinion that we could get 12k every week if we got a new stadium and managed to get ourselves back in the CCC , its really is not beyond us as when i look around the hall some days the amount of youfs and youngsters that go week in week out will only grow if we continue to do well and play decent football.

Like when Hull, Swansea etc opened their new ground it was a sell out and the logic is that if we do well the extra newish fans will continue to flock to the hall.

I caught the SUFC bug as a 11 year old in the north bank in 91 when we were playing and beating teams like Portsmouth , Charlton ,Derby , ipswich etc.

I can't honestly say that if we were in the basement league that year that i'd ever of decided to go with my mates and spend my weeks pocket money watching a load of drivell, the fact they it was entertaning football and we were winning made me want to go back every week .

Good news that the reach is spreading . Have been temping in Romford recently ( someone has to do it HO HO HO ) and was astonished to see in the window of one shop next to the usual Man U Chelski hamsters **** - a Leeds United calender ( 2008 (!)) . I thought who's gonna buy that . Then found one of the guys from the office came from and supported ( went to most games ) Leeds . But he wasn't going to buy the calender .

If its knocked down after Christmas I might be tempted to get it for Tilly

The 'new stadium effect' generally adds up 25% + to crowds in the first year after a new venue opens. It is then up to the management to keep this going, grasp the initiative and build something special.

The next step for us is the Plymouth model...regular crowds of around 13/14k.

I live in Brentwood, and now know quite a few Shrimpers, always nice seeing a Southend shirt instead of a Wet Spam shirt, and the look on the so called Man Utd fans faces when they see a Southend shirt is priceless

Back