• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Hundred

Ricky Otto

President⭐
The main draft for the Hundred takes place this Sunday and there are some massive names in world cricket available. It is a somewhat controversial tournament with the move to franchises and the new 100 ball format. Personally I think the franchise thing needed to happen to attract the best talent in the world, I'm not sure about the 100 ball thing though and would have preferred a t20 tournament. I will definitely be going along to a few games and taking the opportunity to see some of the best in the business. Although Essex technically come under the Lords team, London spirit, I think I'm more likely going to support the Oval Team, Oval invincibles. Although if London spirit pick up Andre Russell I might just take the longer Journey to Lords.

What are everyone's thoughts on the competition and who would they want in their team?

The main draft for the Hundred takes place this Sunday and there are some massive names in world cricket available. It is a somewhat controversial tournament with the move to franchises and the new 100 ball format. Personally I think the franchise thing needed to happen to attract the best talent in the world, I'm not sure about the 100 ball thing though and would have preferred a t20 tournament. I will definitely be going along to a few games and taking the opportunity to see some of the best in the business. Although Essex technically come under the Lords team, London spirit, I think I'm more likely going to support the Oval Team, Oval invincibles. Although if London spirit pick up Andre Russell I might just take the longer Journey to Lords.

What are everyone's thoughts on the competition and who would they want in their team?

Same here.

London Spirit being coached by a convicted drugs cheat, bookies' cash grabbing, sex pest doesn't help.

Lords for me to follow the Essex boys

Nice to see woman's league contracts are on par with the men :Cool:

With it being on TV (ITV) 10 games, 8 for the women, I can see smaller crowds, until it takes hold with the public

I'll defo give it a go

Lords for me to follow the Essex boys

Nice to see woman's league contracts are on par with the men :Cool:

With it being on TV (ITV) 10 games, 8 for the women, I can see smaller crowds, until it takes hold with the public

I'll defo give it a go

Dan Lawrence might be the only Essex player on the team, but I'd do the same if Lords wasn't that much more difficult to get to.

I think the men's crowds will be ok as long as they keep prices reasonable. The blast crowds are good and I think the world class players on display will counteract the fact that you have free to air games. I like that they are taking the lead from the big bash and putting games on terrestrial TV, after this summer there is a real opportunity to capitalise and build crickets popularity in this country

Where I work Lords and Oval is same distance so not a problem and can stay at my sons who is near Balham, really looking forward to it

Do love my 4/5 day, but this may get a newer audience to the game

Quite enjoy watching the girls game, especially Alyssa Healy in Ashes

Where I work Lords and Oval is same distance so not a problem and can stay at my sons who is near Balham, really looking forward to it

Do love my 4/5 day, but this may get a newer audience to the game

Quite enjoy watching the girls game, especially Alyssa Healy in Ashes

I must confess I do not know who that is. I went to watch England women play at Chelmsford once and wasn't bowled over (excuse the pun).

As for players I'd be looking at

from the domestic list:
Sam Billings, Ravi Bopara, Cameron Delport, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Reece Topley, Benny Howell, Ed Pollock, Will Jacks, Ben Duckett, Ryan Higgins, Tymal Mills,

From the international list: Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Sandeep, Lamichhane, Chris Green, Nic Pooran, Thisara Perera, Hazrattulah Zazai, Kagiso Rabada, Sunil Narine, Andrew Tye, Lasith Malinga

Should be able to get a good team from that lot.

Likewise will attend games at The Oval rather than Lord's.

I was against this, and still think everything to date has been shambolic, but I am excited for it now. T20 standards in this country have never been so high. Adding more overseas stars and having the best of our own makes it a really exciting event.

The team I support will be the team I back to win the tournament each season. Looking forward to the draft on Sunday so I can start formulating thoughts on that.

Not for me.

No point in watching or playing sport unless the result means something to you

As for players I'd be looking at

from the domestic list:
Sam Billings, Ravi Bopara, Cameron Delport, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Reece Topley, Benny Howell, Ed Pollock, Will Jacks, Ben Duckett, Ryan Higgins, Tymal Mills,

From the international list: Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Sandeep, Lamichhane, Chris Green, Nic Pooran, Thisara Perera, Hazrattulah Zazai, Kagiso Rabada, Sunil Narine, Andrew Tye, Lasith Malinga

Should be able to get a good team from that lot.

So Many good players on offer, think the fact that my top two overseas picks don't make your list speaks volumes on the depth of quality in the draft. Shakib and Dre Russ would be top of my list

Not really interested unless there was an Essex based team (which there is obviously not) :Snore:

Amazed Chris Gayle missed out !!
I wasn't, he missed out on a lot of the practice drafts too. He priced himself out unfortunately, most teams wanted to secure their bowling attack 1st and Gayle being 40 wasn't seen as a good option for the next few years, think teams wanted guys they could retain for the next 3 yrs. I'm a bit upset we won't get to see him though (unless another overseas player drops out)

One of the few arrogant people, I would pay for to watch

Might be 40, slow in the field, but what a game changer on the day

But do agree with your assessment Ricky, didn't realise teams had option for three years, that would make sense now

But still sadly missed

One of the few arrogant people, I would pay for to watch

Might be 40, slow in the field, but what a game changer on the day

But do agree with your assessment Ricky, didn't realise teams had option for three years, that would make sense now

But still sadly missed

I love the universe boss and do think the tournament would be better with him. On a personal level though I have seen him a good few times live for WA Warriors (pre big bash), Somerset and West Indies. The one I was gutted about was Shakib Al Hasan as I really want to see him live, I heard that the South Africans and Bangladeshis weren't available for half of the tournament though so that would explain why they weren't picked up. Was very Happy Sunil Narine was picked up by Oval Superstars though, he was the other player I haven't seen live yet that I really wanted to.

Back