• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The injured

Petejames

Striker
So who’s on the books that will not start pre season training this week due to injuries from the last season?

The only injury that took longer than expected is Rhys Murphy's knee. He's been working with the physios and the strength and conditioning guys.

I think someone else mentioned Cardwell might due to surgery?

Also worth noting that they might be on their own training schedule, so another question might be will they be starting pre-season training with the squad, on their own rehab program or not at all?

As posted above Murphy could be in the second category and starting pre-season on his own schedule and be integrated during pre-season as per the Echo article from June 10th.

If cards and murphy are out for more than a few weeks we defo need a striker

If cards and murphy are out for more than a few weeks we defo need a striker
Yes, Dalby, Mooney and Powell should be more than able to hold the fort for a few weeks but any more than that we’ll probably want a loanee in, if only to provide some fresh legs off the bench.

Wasn't Bridge playing with an injury towards the end of the season?

I don't know if he needed an operation to rectify it or not.

Wasn't Bridge playing with an injury towards the end of the season?

I don't know if he needed an operation to rectify it or not.
I believe the last surgery he had did the trick. The last few games of last season were about him regaining full fitness. That being so we should see a fit Jack raring to go. That would be nice.

How is Noor? We are short in central midfield and he ought to be a starter week in week out.
Noor is another one that had recovered from injury but was not risked at the end of the season. He has been on International duty so he should have a level of match fitness ready for pre-season.

Hes a big unit. Im guessing the step up from part time to full time training puts a lot of pressure on joints and limbs that had lots of rest days prior to goinf full time here. He's became important to our style as an outlet and had lots of drive putting presure on oppo players, so I hope his recovery goes ok with no mishaps along the way. Be great to see him back sooner, but hopefully not rushed back prematurely.

The only injury that took longer than expected is Rhys Murphy's knee. He's been working with the physios and the strength and conditioning guys.
He was deliberately targeted too in the game he sustained that injury.

Not surprised it has been a pain to recover from if I correctly recall the challenge that put him out.

Hopefully he's good to go for the first game.

Reactions: Jai
I believe the last surgery he had did the trick. The last few games of last season were about him regaining full fitness. That being so we should see a fit Jack raring to go. That would be nice.

Correct. Jack confirmed this at the Sponsor's Evening, I think he will do well next season with a proper pre-season.

If Cardwell is as far away as some are suggesting and Murphy could still be a little while off, we really need to strengthen in that department.

We can't rely on Dalby being our only number 9. As last season (and the last 4) have proved, hitting the ground running and getting points on the board is of paramount importance. We can't just 'make do' until others are back. We can't afford to do that. Playing catch-up is really not our thing.

If Cardwell is as far away as some are suggesting and Murphy could still be a little while off, we really need to strengthen in that department.

We can't rely on Dalby being our only number 9. As last season (and the last 4) have proved, hitting the ground running and getting points on the board is of paramount importance. We can't just 'make do' until others are back. We can't afford to do that. Playing catch-up is really not our thing.
Maybe we could get a 3 month loan in as a stop gap

Be good to see who’s at training Wednesday is boots and laces open to the public like it use to be?

We are in talks with a striker, who would be an excellent acquisition to the squad, and on a permanent deal as well.

We are in talks with a striker, who would be an excellent acquisition to the squad, and on a permanent deal as well.
Could he potentially be training Wednesday as a out of contract player or is he with another club

Back