• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Last Shadow Puppets

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
I'm listening to their new song on You Tube called 'The Age of the Understatement'. I have to admit I do really like this song. The video is alright as well, has a bit of a Russian feel to it. Anyone else like song, or do you think that Alex Turner should just stick with being in the Arctic Monkeys?!

It's rubbish!
A typical example of how daytime Radio1 can ruin a track!

Surely daytime Radio One can't actually make a track rubbish unless it was to completely tinker with the production? Therefore it's either rubbish or it's not...

For the record, I don't think it's rubbish at all. Bought the album on Monday, and it is completely different to just about anything else that you'll be hearing on Radio One or any other popular music station at this time. It's probably taken quite a step of faith for Alex Turner to step away from the day job with Arctic Monkeys and attempt this departure, and he should be applauded for that. That he's backed up by another talented musician in Miles Kane is a bonus.

Surely daytime Radio One can't actually make a track rubbish unless it was to completely tinker with the production? Therefore it's either rubbish or it's not...

You misunderstood what I meant. The only time they "tinker" with production is when they chop tracks down to fit their ideal of no more than 240 seconds (e.g. Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors by Editors).

Seeing as they've now ditched the "one play a DJ" policy, songs like this which are on their A* playlist can be heard up to 7 times throughout the course of a working day! Therefore, in my opinion, this song has become one of the ones where, despite initially liking it or thinking it's OK, you soon get pretty quick of it & everytime you heard the intro you think "not again"!!!

Back