• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The morning after QPR

shrimptank

Coach
Now having slept on yesterday's performance and read through various threads i think its time to bring a little bit of level headed thinking to it all.

We did play really poorly yesterday - mainly the first half - and nearly all the players have been tugged for their below par performances.

Another day Freddy would have buried at least two of his chances, Luke would have scored, their first would have been tipped over by Darryl and their 2nd would have been a foul on the keeper.

I was gutted yesterday as i was watching a performance that didn't fit the Southend United of recent times, but having been through it all before it really is just another reality check. The majority of our players were playing League 2 football 15 months ago and this is a totally different game from what we are playing now.

We WILL bounce back, we WILL play worse and win this year and we WILL survive!!

Bring on Sunderland!!

Totally agree with the post. We need to remember that we are, for the majority of the time, at least matching or playing better than the opposing team. We knew it was going to be tough. Some people need a reality check as we are not going to be pushing for promotion. We are an 'also ran'. It's a bit like the Premiership in this division. There are possible 3 divisions within this 1 division. You only have to look at the cost of Birmingham's squad to see that! Like it or not we are in the bottom group of teams hoping to take points off each other to survive. We have played 3 games and apart from the 1st half of QPR we have matched or played better football than the opposition. So let's not moan because Southend are not top of the table for pity's sake!

Let us enjoy the better standard of football and take comfort in the fact we are giving it a real go at this level. If we get relegated but we have tried our best so be it.

Cast your minds back a year ago, we didn't exactly have the quickest of starts back then did we?

I think yesterday they went into the match thinking it would be a comparitive stroll in the park after playing so well against Stoke and Palace. The wake up call came a little too late (half time), yesterday was one of those days when we were never going to score, freddy anyway, was his mind already somewhere else.
I'm sure versus Sunderland they will at least be more up for it, we have to be optimistic.

I trust in Tilly.... he'll have the players well up for it and they'll want to avenge the poor performance against QPR and get a decent result...

Back