• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The NBA Thread...

EastStandBlue

Life President
The Knick's talk in the New York thread reminded me there are a fair few Basketball fans here and the old thread looks like it died a death in the last off-season...

Big game tonight as the 'Tics take on the Lakers with Kobe looking like missing out, not that his absence has been felt as they're unbeaten without him. Boston on the other hand have been pretty shocking the last month or so, 5 losses in 8 before the weekends All-Star game.

In terms of the Championship, fresh from the realisation that with KG showing his age, Celtics are unlikely to mount a serious post-season push, I'm throwing my weight behind Cleveland. I'd love to see them pick up the Championship as I don't think there's a more deserving player without one than LBJ...

As mentioned in a thread elsewhere, I'm on San Antonio at about 12/1. If that was a physical rather than electronic betslip, I'd probably have ripped it up by now.

I too very much like the look of the Cavs, especially as there still may be some improvements to their roster ahead of the trade deadline. I am hoping my Milwaukee Bucks can sneak in to the play-offs, even if it means getting humped 4-0 by LeBron and co in R1.

And for anyone who likes basketball, please allow me to strongly recommend Bill Simmons' Book of Basketball. Essential (and entertaining) reading. Here is an excerpt

Typically, the night after I posted this the Tic's beat the Lakers at the Staples Center and the Cav's lost to Denver...

Did anyone see the All-Star game? Blimey, over 100,000 people inside Cowboys Stadium for a basketball game - mind blowing!

Quite something wasn't it? Now FIBA have made an approach to Spain about the 2014 World Championships Final being at the Bernabéu!

Also, please note how Cleveland have stunk the place out ever since ESB and I suggested they might win the Championship this year. Ahem.

Spare a thought for Allen Iverson today, who's been granted indefinite leave to care for his 4 year old daughter who's ill.

No details disclosed on if/when he'll return or even what's wrong with the girl, but completely understandable for him to take such a stance.

Back