• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The new U2 album

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
After listening to the first ten seconds of the new U2 album, No line on the horizon, I deem it worthy of winning the battle of the albums/bands/whatever it is these days.

After listening to the first ten seconds of the new U2 album, No line on the horizon, I deem it worthy of winning the battle of the albums/bands/whatever it is these days.

You're biased!

Its another load of bland MOR crap worthy of local radio! When was their last decent album? Joshua Tree, although I did like a lot of Rattle & Hum. Bono needs to get the balls & energy that they had during JT, War, Boy etc. Even Achtung Baby, although crap, had balls!!

Another disappointment, although not for Bono, as I'm sure there are a few tracks that can be used on Sports programmes or for goal clips!!

Stupid comment after 10 seconds Ant.....Are you Drunk?

U2 used to kick *** ... New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky ... all classics, then Bono disappeared up his own arse and that was it for me ... if you are so ****ing concerned Bono why not spread some of your not so inconsiderate wealth around ... oh no, THATS not the solution is it :tumbleweed:

Pretentious **** !!!

U2 used to kick *** ... New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky ... all classics, then Bono disappeared up his own arse and that was it for me ... if you are so ****ing concerned Bono why not spread some of your not so inconsiderate wealth around ... oh no, THATS not the solution is it :tumbleweed:

Pretentious **** !!!

dude go and listen to the Earth Song.

Pretentious **** !!!

I'm with yo on this!! Bono is a male chicken! They have made it & as a result become lazy song writers! A shame really as the Joshua Tree Tour was superb. A great line up at Wembley. Lone Justice (Maria McKee) The Pogues & a crap Lou Reed!

Here's my review of the new U2 album
A pile of steaming great ****...

I would like to point out I haven't actually listened to one second of it (like most of the reviewers who reckon it is music's holy grail).
Oh & R1, please **** off with your tongue/anus interfacing.

Thank you & good night!!!

Last edited:
Well I've listened to this album. And it probably the biggest. Crock of **** I've ever heard. Embarassing

It's a rare day I agree with Bono.
Shame the post Ross BBC are now so scared anybody might dare show an opinion...

Well Im a huge U2 fan and loved the last two albums after the dog mess that Zooropa was and even Pop was patchy.

However this latest one really is disappointing, Magnificent is a decent song and theres 2 or 3 that are worth listening to, but overall theres no real strong songs on there and a good number that even I dont like. Get on Your boots is so embarrassing lyrically I wont even have it on my ipod in case it accidentally gets selected.

I think that "All That You Can't Leave Behind" was an excellent record, and don't think that "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" was anywhere near as good, although it did have a few cracking tracks.
I have only heard a few tracks so far, but "Magnificent" does stand out at the minute. I will reserve judgement on the rest on the album until I have heard it all.

U2 (very much like Oasis) set a almost impossible standard to reach with their early albums, so it is inevitable that people are always going to compare them to those as that is always what they will be judged on now

Back