• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Next Phase

Reading Shrimper

First XI
So...now that we have planning permission...
What's the next phase? Maybe one of our knowledgeable resident town planner-types can advise us on what Ron will be doing now, what the next steps are and when (if all goes to plan) bulldozers will be on site?

Yeah, Sussex By The Sea.....

Come on!...

Where are you?!...

Let's be 'avin you!...

:hilarious:

I thought we'd already learned that the Secretary of State has 21 days (or something similar) to challenge the planning permission or it is automatically rubber stamped?

I dont think the delay in Roots Hall planning permission will prevent work getting started at Fossetts Farm. Ron will be working on overcoming the Council's objections to his previous proposals, but he will be confident of getting them passed soon - and way before Fossetts is finished (before which time no work could start at Roots Hall anyway)...

Would be nice if the club would tell us what happens next...

Scriv, any chance of an article?..

OK - I'm one of the "Town Planning types" (although no longer formally working as one like my learned friend in Sussex!)

Here's what happens:

The local authority needs to tell the secretary of state if it intends to approve an application that, generally speaking, would:

*Involve building 150 houses or flats
*Be on land owned by a local authority, or is a development by a local authority
*Work against the development plan's policies or proposals
*Result in a road being built that's not in a development plan
*Develop housing on any greenfield site of five hectares or more
*Involve building housing in the South East, the South West, the East of England and Northamptonshire at a density of 30 dwellings per hectare or less

The first four are departures criteria; the fifth and sixth relate to the greenfield and density directions.

The local authority must include a number of documents with its letter of notification to the secretary of state, such as a copy of the application and any statements or opinions of the application that have been submitted.

Once she has received notification of the application, the secretary of state confirms to the local authority the date on which she received the necessary documents. She has 21 days from that date in which to decide whether or not to call in the application. The local authority cannot grant planning permission until that time is up.

It often happens that the secretary of state puts the application on hold so she has more time to assess it and decide whether to call it in. She's allowed to issue this 'holding direction' under Article 14 of the Town & Country Planning (General Development Procedure) Order 1995.

If she decides he doesn't need to get involved, she writes a letter advising the local planning authority that it may decide the application itself.

If she decides to call in the application, then the application will be considered at a public inquiry, led by a planning inspector who will then make recommendations to the secretary of state. The secretary of state considers the inspector's report and recommendation and decides whether or not to allow the application.

So you can see from this that the matter is not over until Ruth Kelly sings!

Maybe we should e-mail Ms Kelly then...

You may contact Ms Kelly through this email address. Emails recieved through this email account and addressed to Ms Kelly are passed on to her officials for response. If you require a response from the Minister herself, you must write to your local MP and he/she will forward your letter to Ms Kelly.

CONTACTUS@communities.gsi.gov.uk

It's also worth badgering Southend and Rochford Councils to ensure they've actually sent the stuff off - the 21 days doesn't start until she receives the documents!

But is there any need. I'm sure our esteemed Chairman will be very much on the case.

I wonder if our swampy friends at Camp Bling will send a unit over to Fossetts Farm to delay the project?..

I think the club should hire some security staff armed with uzi's to prevent this from happening on the site?..

I wonder if our swampy friends at Camp Bling will send a unit over to Fossetts Farm to delay the project?..

I think the club should hire some security staff armed with uzi's to prevent this from happening on the site?..

If that happens I am going down there mob handed with TBTV Security Services!

But seriously I think they know at camp bling that getting in the way of us would be something that will take alot of bottle and man power!

Back