• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
So with the big game looming on Saturday one thing I'd like to know is what to expect of the opposition. I went to the away game at Wycombe but couldn't make the home game. We got turned over at their place but they've since sold Paris Cowan-Hall & Josh Scowen which may change things a bit. At their place they were clinical and deserved the win.

Obviously Paul Hayes is the key man to watch with 15 goals this season but if anyone knows anything else about our oppo this Saturday let us know here.

A tight physical game. Should have beaten them at home, made plenty of chances but not for the first time failed to kill them off and conceded a poor equaliser. Away, game changed on the sending off and to be fair they took full advantage. As others have said they came out the blocks quickly against Plymouth in both legs and ultimately that's what won them the tie. Think we will keep it tight and try to wear them down and go hard at them in the last twenty. Don't expect an open expansive game though, these finals never are.

They're a hardworking 433 side who get the ball fwds early and then try to play from there. Mf 3 support strikers well and it's this we'll have to cope & deal with Saturday.
Holloway is an effective target man with Hayes coming in from the right to assist him.
They're also strong at set plays & at corners expect them to get in & around Bentley. CB Pierre will be a threat when he comes up from the back.
Not a fan of Bean at right back and would fancy McLaughlin against him all day long.

I fancy PB to go 451 with Payne possibly playing behind Corr, with McLaughlin wide left.

Saw both Wycombe games and this is what I think. Wycombe should be smashed into all over the park, don't let them breathe let alone have a second on the ball, then we get the ball down play round em and score a few goals....that's what I think of Wycombe. ...come on southend woooooooooooo

they will be to good for us im affraid

Hope you are not bothering going Saturday then. On what basis will they be too good for us. It's a one off game, what happened during the regular season means nothing.

Some come on why will they be too good for us? Both teams finished with the same amount of points and we were far stronger than them in the late part of the season so if anything we should be slight favourites.

They're a hardworking 433 side who get the ball fwds early and then try to play from there. Mf 3 support strikers well and it's this we'll have to cope & deal with Saturday.
Holloway is an effective target man with Hayes coming in from the right to assist him.
They're also strong at set plays & at corners expect them to get in & around Bentley. CB Pierre will be a threat when he comes up from the back.
Not a fan of Bean at right back and would fancy McLaughlin against him all day long.

I fancy PB to go 451 with Payne possibly playing behind Corr, with McLaughlin wide left.

Are you sure, it might be 451 as well :winking:

It's a one off, winner takes all game and should be a good one, they have a crap defence against our frugal forwards and we have a strong defence against one of the strongest forwards in our league, in Paul Hayes. Ripped us apart at their place aided by a poor ref. The officials are going to be so important on Saturday, get to grips with their play acting and we have a good chance.

It's a one off, winner takes all game and should be a good one, they have a crap defence against our frugal forwards and we have a strong defence against one of the strongest forwards in our league, in Paul Hayes. Ripped us apart at their place aided by a poor ref. The officials are going to be so important on Saturday, get to grips with their play acting and we have a good chance.

It would be nice if they got to grips with both sides play acting....but they won't, they never do

Personally I can't see us winning but that's not going to stop me going along and hoping for an upset. They are in stunning form and are scoring goals for fun. They have lost a couple of good players but their team has always been far greater than the sum of its parts. Gareth Ainsworth has done a wonderful job there.

Mind you I am a massive pessimist as anyone who knows me will tell you.

I wouldn't say their defence is crap either, Aaron Pierre and Alfie Mawson are both players who could comfortably make the step up and in Ingram they have one of the best keepers in the lower leagues. Ingram could be a doubt though although Lynch the backup is a fine shot stopper if a little suspect from crosses.

Wycombe away still haunts me, terrible away day where we got smashed. I don't think the sending off changed anythng if I'm honest and they were easily the better team. The home we should have won but like already said, our failure to kill them off and them scoring a soft equaliser cost us.

So both games we have to learn from and really do our research which I am sure we are doing. They also seem to win a lot of pens that is something to watch as well.

Wycombe away still haunts me, terrible away day where we got smashed. I don't think the sending off changed anythng if I'm honest and they were easily the better team. The home we should have won but like already said, our failure to kill them off and them scoring a soft equaliser cost us.

So both games we have to learn from and really do our research which I am sure we are doing. They also seem to win a lot of pens that is something to watch as well.

We got a 4-2 spanking at Stevenage away, it didn't alter the eventual play-off outcome. It's what we do on the day and we are definitely up for it this Saturday.

The ref on Thursday certainly did not get to grips with Lenny and his ridiculous dives.....one of them a penalty too

It definitely wasn't a penalty, but I wonder if he was trying to even things up given the penalties he should have given us.

Back