• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The revell incident

ryantrim

Schoolboy
I was late to tonights game and as i was coming in could hear a lot of booing and shouting for a red card.

Heard revell was involved and was wondering what actually happened can anybody clarify?

Ball was running through to the keeper which Revell was fully entitled to go for, was a bit late, Had it been later in the game would probably been shown a red.

Keeper came sliding out for the ball and started to wrap his body around it and Revell realising that the 'keeper didn't have two hands on it decided fair game,i'm having it!:D

was very lucky to stay on the pitch in my opinion. two footed lunge on the keeper is what it was! I did like the fact he wound up kuipers for the rest of the game though.

Also i thought clarke was pretty lucky to get away with a booking, ok he won the ball but yet again he went in two footed!!! When will this stupid brainless footballers learn the rules!

I also thought Revell was lucky to stay but also if he had gone Kuipers would of had to follow him for his reaction.

I was in the West, so only saw the 'Keeper slide towards the ball, and Revell go for it too. As there was a bit of a furore, and a few people yelling, "Off!", someone behind me went, "The keeper f**ing hit him!" and everyone in our section went a bit mental.

Appears we were misinformed.

I was in the West, so only saw the 'Keeper slide towards the ball, and Revell go for it too. As there was a bit of a furore, and a few people yelling, "Off!", someone behind me went, "The keeper f**ing hit him!" and everyone in our section went a bit mental.

Appears we were misinformed.

The keeper did hit him in retaliation, but I did think Revell went in, maybe fairly, but in a way that's just not acceptable these days because GKs are such fragile beings!

was very lucky to stay on the pitch in my opinion. two footed lunge on the keeper is what it was! I did like the fact he wound up kuipers for the rest of the game though.

Also i thought clarke was pretty lucky to get away with a booking, ok he won the ball but yet again he went in two footed!!! When will this stupid brainless footballers learn the rules!

i agree he just jumped in with studs showing both feet, very lucky to stay on

Did you see Revell laugh in Kuipers face in the 2nd half when he screwed another clearance....Pure quality from Revell!!

Did you see Revell laugh in Kuipers face in the 2nd half when he screwed another clearance....Pure quality from Revell!!

Yea, that was great - Rev's was well up for it last night and he was taking the **** out of Kuipers every time he went near him. Great character!

Yea, that was great - Rev's was well up for it last night and he was taking the **** out of Kuipers every time he went near him. Great character!

Good bloke - think we ought to adopt the "Big Bob" chant from Al Murray and do "Red Rum" instead, am sure he'd appreciate it!

Keeper came sliding out for the ball and started to wrap his body around it and Revell realising that the 'keeper didn't have two hands on it decided fair game,i'm having it!:D

On a slight note there keepers don't have to have both hands on the ball anymore, just be deemed as in full control. IIRC came about as a result of a Forest player scoring after heading the ball out of a keepers posession when he was holding it one handed.

You can see from the picture on the official site Kuiper's reaction, and a few of the other Brighton players too. He looked a very dodgy keeper, came out for a lot of things which he didn't get and almost conceded a shocker of a goal when Revell closed him down.

You can see from the picture on the official site Kuiper's reaction, and a few of the other Brighton players too. He looked a very dodgy keeper, came out for a lot of things which he didn't get and almost conceded a shocker of a goal when Revell closed him down.

That'd be Barnard that blocked the keeper, and almost went in

cheers for clearing that up for me guys,
i did ask around in the ground but no one appeared to have an answer for me!

Back