• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
There seems to be a huge disparity between what people think our players earn.

Does anybody actually know?

I'm guessing fringe players like bridge etc only earn say £800 pw.

The Timlin and whites maybe £1200-1500

The cox's ferdinand and kightlys £2500-4000

Some people on here seem to think that we have players on 10kpw . That's madness!

Some people on here seem to think that we have players on 10kpw . That's madness!

I do not know all (but some) specific player wages at SUFC, and have a broad idea across the division through very good, well placed sources. The idea that some players at SUFC earn £500,000 upwards per year is simply not true.

I heard Cox was on 8K a week (and only here for a final payday) and Kigthly is on 11K, which is being funded for by the sale of Leonard.

Everyone else is on between 1K and 5K a week

Yeah, and the rest!!

I heard Cox was on 8K a week (and only here for a final payday) and Kigthly is on 11K, which is being funded for by the sale of Leonard.

I don't claim to have any inside knowledge, but there is absolutely no chance that Kightly is on £11k a week. There's no way we would be putting a 31 year old with a record of being a bit injury prone on a three year contract for that sort of money. My guess would be that Kightly, Ferdinand and Cox are our highest earners and earn no more than £6k a week maximum.

Right, well its more than 4 as previously mentioned but give your head a wobble if you think we're paying him 11 grand

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: .............. no

I have been told by someone who is in a position to know but is not employed by the club at present, that Cox is on £4k a week.

A lot of people over estimate our players wages. If we paid what people think we pay some players we'd be bankrupt in a season.

It's amusing to see some of you took my earlier post serious :smile:

Right, well its more than 4 as previously mentioned but give your head a wobble if you think we're paying him 11 grand

I haven't got a clue what the players are earning and frankly I don't care - just thought I would post a wild statement like a few people on hear do

I don't claim to have any inside knowledge, but there is absolutely no chance that Kightly is on £11k a week. There's no way we would be putting a 31 year old with a record of being a bit injury prone on a three year contract for that sort of money. My guess would be that Kightly, Ferdinand and Cox are our highest earners and earn no more than £6k a week maximum.

I know weren't not!!!

The figures you quote seem to be common sense amounts. If Cox is on 4k as OBL says (which is half what people have repeatedly claimed he was on) then its possible Kightly matches that and even slightly more. But talk of 11k a week is absurd.

Said it before, when Eastwood came back we had people on here telling us they had been told he was on 5k, which he wasnt by a long stretch

The "someone I know" sources are rarely genuine.

Imagine the fun on this thread if 'She who can't be named' was surfing the board.

Back