• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Truth behind Freddy's hand?????????

Aberdeen Shrimper

Not sure what the truth is now as i have heard a few different stories now. The latest i heard was on Talk Sport this morning.....Brazil Nut said that Freddy injured his hand when he was out on the booz with his mates, he supposedly pushed in a queue to get in to a night club and the bouncers were not having it so a fight broke out and that is how he damaged his wrist and back.

It might be total Bollox.....so please don’t quote me.

If thats true it's totally unproffessional however if it was true i would imagine somebody would have told all to the echo or something and it would have been splashed over the back pages. I have a lot of time and respect for freddy as he is a decent bloke and quite a shy bloke. He respects southend an awful lot and i don't think that he would do such a thing at such an important time for him and the club. I hope i'm right.

probably bollocks. Although when i think Blue Trader??? broke the news the night before col ewe game he sed that fred was in a fight

pikey

we should get rid of freddy estwood asap. he doesnt work hard and his atitude is something the team could do without!

God, from hero to zero in one season. Did we forget the Man Utd goal or the other 11 or so he's scored this season.
If not for Fred we'd still be in league 2, show some respect.

And so is calling spurs fans yids, roy you really know how to whip up a storm you sly old fox

God, from hero to zero in one season. Did we forget the Man Utd goal or the other 11 or so he's scored this season.

Dont forget tilly and brush. they played the biggest part, they found fred in the first place, they got the goat. Show them some respect.

Not sure what the truth is now as i have heard a few different stories now. The latest i heard was on Talk Sport this morning.....Brazil Nut said that Freddy injured his hand when he was out on the booz with his mates, he supposedly pushed in a queue to get in to a night club and the bouncers were not having it so a fight broke out and that is how he damaged his wrist and back.

It might be total Bollox.....so please don’t quote me.
Mwahahahaha! :guns:

No we haven't forgotten that he scored V Man U, unfortunately neither has he and because of that goal he started to believe all the hype and thought he had made it.

As for all this rubbish about him being shy and loving Southend, anyone who's seen him on a night out will soon realise he's anything but shy. And as for loving Southend I believe when someone asked if he intended to stick around for the rest of the season he answered he'll be off like a shot and its all about the money.

Yes, great talent who has done an amazing job in the past few seasons but seems to have gotten a bit too big headed since the Man U game and that hasn't helped the team.

No we haven't forgotten that he scored V Man U, unfortunately neither has he and because of that goal he started to believe all the hype and thought he had made it.

As for all this rubbish about him being shy and loving Southend, anyone who's seen him on a night out will soon realise he's anything but shy. And as for loving Southend I believe when someone asked if he intended to stick around for the rest of the season he answered he'll be off like a shot and its all about the money.

Yes, great talent who has done an amazing job in the past few seasons but seems to have gotten a bit too big headed since the Man U game and that hasn't helped the team.

Absolutely spot on - He hasnt forgotten that goal probably even less so than the fans.

I have seen him on a night out a few times and like you say he is far from shy. I would actually go as far as saying he is very immature and drinks far too much for a professional football player. I know that the majority of footballers drink, however, if you were him and you seriously wanted to make it in to the big time of the premiership you wouldnt be out getting wasted and acting like a complete tosser most weeks. I think the way he acts off the pitch shows a complete lack of maturity and will proabably be his downfall and the reason why he might not ever make it big time.

And as for his comments about leaving Southend - well you just have to take them with a pinch of salt but I do think there is some truth in it all it is quite obvious he wants to live the high life and flash the money about.

No one can take away what he has done for this club in the last 2 years but if he had conducted himself a little better this season off the pitch then he would leave Roots Hall as a certain legend as opposed to a controversial one.

Freddie isnt exactly helped at the moment by the lack of real quality playing alongside him
Most teams who i have seen us play against shut freddie out of the game as they know he is the main source of goals, and for whatever reason the guys alongside him just havent clicked. Against the better teams and better defenders its just not as easy for him to be the hero anymore.

Problem is - you get the impression that if he is being marked out of the game by a good defender his head drops big time

Correct, and it was I who spoke with him. Love Freddy and all that for what he has done, but I lost a lot of respect for Freddy that day. I really hope it was just because he was having a few personal issues at the time, which are now sorted. It will be a big loss for SUFC if we lose Freddy, but don't kid yourself that Freddy loves this club like any of us.

Back