• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Winger....

EastStandBlue

Life President
Has been said that the Winger we are looking at played in the Championship last season, If this is the case then i think Kevin James fits the bill...

At Notts Forest last season, natural Right Winger (Which i feel is the wing we need to strengthen) but can play in the centre and as a striker as well. Played at Gillingham before Forest as well and Megson see's him as a star for the future, being only 24....

That said, would he command a higher fee than we could afford? Especially with the rumoured transfer of Beckett rumoured to be around 200k...

What's the rumour about Beckett?

wink.gif

Theres talk on another site that Kevin James could form part of a package that Forest may offer us for Sir Freddy..

Kevin James and Neil Harris plus £400k for the legend that is Freddy...

Tempting if true of course...

That way we get two decent players, plus we can use some of the 400k to buy Mr Beckett!!.

Probably all bollox though.

laugh.gif

The only interesting thing about Gary Megson is that on the official site he has said he is delighted with his five signings and also that he remarked how managers worry in June when they have not got there primary transfer targets. Here we are in July with zip! His ramblings give no suggestion that he has any more major changes to his squad in the offing. I feel barking, wrong tree and up, need to be rearranged in an appropriate sentence.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ July 10 2005,10:55)]Theres talk on another site that Kevin James could form part of a package that Forest may offer us for Sir Freddy..

Kevin James and Neil Harris plus £400k for the legend that is Freddy...
don't like the sound of that one bit, I would rather see a deal where we KEEP Freddy and Neil Harris plays as his strike partner!

As much as I would loathe to see Freddy go, IF we could get Harris and James from Forest and Beckett were to sign then I would not be too disappointed.

However. the story is most likely bollix and somehow I just don't see this happening....

I dont think anything is believeable anymore.

However ive been informed that Owen is looking to resurect his career in England at Southend, but only because we have Henry, and Lampard in the pipe line.

Dont forget Dida, has virtually signed on aswell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 10 2005,15:07)]I dont think anything is believeable anymore.

However ive been informed that Owen is looking to resurect his career in England at Southend, but only because we have Henry, and Lampard in the pipe line.

Lampard? Damn I was hoping we'd sign Vieira as our midfield powerhouse...!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ July 10 2005,15:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 10 2005,15:07)]I dont think anything is believeable anymore.

Lampard? Damn I was hoping we'd sign Vieira as our midfield powerhouse...!  
tounge.gif
Na, don't need him. We have Maher.

smile.gif

Freddy is going nowhere, why is there still a debate?

As for James, does anyone have any knowledge on how much he might cost if anything at all? I take it he's still under contract?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 10 2005,15:07)]Dont forget Dida, has virtually signed on.
laugh.gif

I'm not surprised. He's been shocking at times this season.

Back