• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things that annoy you on trains

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
Thinking about what I wrote in that Toff MP's thing on here I thought I'd start a catalogue of all the things people hate on the trains.

I'll kick off with "day trippers" on commuter trains.

NO, you're not special, NO, you don't have more right to the seat and getting on the train first just because your ticket is orange and mine is yellow.

NO, people don't want to hear you and your whingeing kids on the morning train to Fenchurch Street.

We're not being rude, how would you like it if I sat in your car on the way to work shouting down my mobile and having a load of 5 year old kids play tag down the gangway?

FOR ****'S SAKE, learn to get the ticket out BEFORE you get to the barrier as well.

PRICKS.

Share your hates.

• Free newspapers
• People eating smelly food
• People putting their feet on seats
• People having tediously dull phone conversations with a person who seems to be deaf
• People wearing West Ham training jackets
• People who try to get on before the doors have finished even opening
• People who play their music out of their phone speakers
• In fact... just people full stop

People who put their dirty bloody footwear on the seat opposite, firstly someone has to sit there and secondly someone has to clean the seats after you, you inconsiderate ****.

Will probably get shouted down for this but the thing I find most annoying is when you are sitting on a packed commuter train and the only seat left in the carriage is next to you and you see someone the size of a house or who looks like they haven't bathed for weeks and just know they are going to get that seat before anyone else has a chance.

Will probably get shouted down for this but the thing I find most annoying is when you are sitting on a packed commuter train and the only seat left in the carriage is next to you and you see someone the size of a house or who looks like they haven't bathed for weeks and just know they are going to get that seat before anyone else has a chance.

the best way to stop people sitting next to you on a train, is to smile at them, and pat the seat next to you.

I once had someone who planted a roll of fat over my thigh.

***EDIT*** WHILST SAT ON THE TRAIN***

Disgusting.

My other hate, people who sit on the outside of a two seat bit and then look at you like you've raped their mother when you ask them to let you in.

Also the practice of letting people in by swivelling on your arse. Is a practice that always ends with a nice kneeing from me as I barge past the 3 inch gap I've been left with.

My other hate, people who sit on the outside of a two seat bit and then look at you like you've raped their mother when you ask them to let you in.

Also the practice of letting people in by swivelling on your arse. Is a practice that always ends with a nice kneeing from me as I barge past the 3 inch gap I've been left with.

I have to confess to sitting on the outer seat, but normally in the block of three. It's far more convenient for me to do this, rather than try and clamber over a few comatose bodies, plus assorted detritus to get off the train at Benfleet.

Mornings are different as I'll happily take the corner seat and knock out a few z's on the way to Fenchurch Street.

People who, when walking down the gangway on the train, make no attempt to avoid hitting everyone with there hand/man bag.

As above, people who sit on the gangway side of a two-y when there is noone on the window seat.

When you get a unit putting a pile of chub halfway across your lap

Men who have to open there legs so wide like there **** is an up-turned umbrella or something.

Midgets who sit in the extra leg room seats.

People who do a lot of moving in there seats, ie flapping around putting make up on / kids etc

People who do deals on the train, and use a large amount of business talk, "touch base" etc

Youths and Mobile Phones

Natter mouth middle aged women and mobile phones

Half Term

Summer Holidays

Xmas Eve

Having a foot war with the person opposite when sitting at a table

large luggage

people not understanding the reservation system

I have to confess to sitting on the outer seat, but normally in the block of three. It's far more convenient for me to do this, rather than try and clamber over a few comatose bodies, plus assorted detritus to get off the train at Benfleet.

Mornings are different as I'll happily take the corner seat and knock out a few z's on the way to Fenchurch Street.

Fairplay, but on a three it's not so bad, it's when people are in the two's and won't even attempt to make getting to the inner seat that winds me up!

I'll also add:

People trying to cop a free read of my paper. BLOODY HELL, IT COSTS 20P, BUY YOUR OWN.
People who ask if I'm finished with my paper. I am, and I will now hold it under my arm you freeloading piece of ****.
"Excuse me, does this train go to Laindon?" Do I look like a ****ing conductor? Read the boards ****.
People hanging their coat over the back of my seat. I don't want your ****ing **** all over the back of my head, put it overhead. It's a **** jacket anyway.

People who have loud keys on their phone/blackberry so all you hear is 'tap tap tap tap, scroll, tap tap tap'

One guys was on his blackberry for the whole journey last week tapping on his blackberry, ****ed me off more than crabs.

I'll also add:

People trying to cop a free read of my paper. BLOODY HELL, IT COSTS 20P, BUY YOUR OWN.
People who ask if I'm finished with my paper. I am, and I will now hold it under my arm you freeloading piece of ****.
"

Exactly, I now make a point of putting my paper under my foot so nobody can take it.

Generally, no problems except for the following:

Phoners
- wait until you get off you annoying *******s. It's ear-pollution, it's more destructive than passive-smoking, and 94% of the time, you're speaking total, inconsequential bollocks!! Everyone is looking at you because they think you're a ****!

Non-movers - when you were the only person on the seat, it was fine to sit there like you were giving birth. Now shift up a little so I can sit there next to you please? No, well I'm sitting there anyway. Ooooh.... soooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy........

Newspaper-resters - yes, that's my knee. It's not a ****** table! Hang on, let me just adjust myself. Oh, now you don't seem to be able to read it.

Drunk people eating junk food - when I'm equally drunk and don't have anything to eat!! The worst by far. Should be banned.

Back