• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Third Division Odds

Div three odds

As last year we're 33/1 and unfortantly I tend not to doubt the bookies therefore I'm pretty much condemning us to another mid-table year.
Sorry to deflate the hopes of many it done the same to me.
sad.gif

Some good value there.

I expect Bristol to do well, along with Yeovil and my outside tip would be Boston.

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 31 2004,21:33)]Some good value there.

I expect Bristol to do well, along with Yeovil and my outside tip would be Boston.

Kev
I would go for Boston, one because they've just signed two very good strikers from the SPL they look like contenders. Yeovil with a player like Rodrigues (Their forward player) can't go wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ May 31 2004,21:48)]could you imagine some one buts a bag of sand on u for promo gets it right hed b rich
Can someone decipher this for me?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 01 2004,08:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ May 31 2004,21:48)]could you imagine some one buts a bag of sand on u for promo gets it right hed b rich
rock.gif
I believe someone has buggered viz. but(t) a bag of sand -believed to be a masochistic gay pastime-and they, then have placed said bag of butted sand on you in order to get promoted at work, having achieved this, aformentioned bag of sand buggerer becomes rich.

As much as it grieves me I think Cambridge at 21's is a good bet!

The odds compilers here at Ladbrokes have faith in the Shrimpers - they've installed Southend at 16/1! Northampton the favs at 9/2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ June 01 2004,08:37)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
I believe someone has buggered viz. but(t) a bag of sand -believed to be a masochistic gay pastime-and they, then have placed said bag of butted sand on you in order to get promoted at work, having achieved this, aformentioned bag of sand buggerer becomes rich.
Thanks Artful, that was a real help!
ghostface.gif

[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
I think I have it Watson...

Imagine if someone put a load of money in the form of a bet on Southend and they do in fact get promotion then you would be rich.

I think that's the whole point of gambling...
rock.gif

the bookies love div 3, last years winners donny were priced up at around 25/1. all it takes to win this division is consistancy. scunny last season were third favourites and look where they finished. in short its a very open heat next season, apart from macc and rochdale i wouldnt put anyone off backing anyone. compare this to the prem, only five teams are priced up at less than 150/1 to win it

By the way, it's sometimes worth converting the odds in to percentages:
16/1 = a 5.88% chance of winning the division
25/1 = 3.85%
33/1 = 2.94

I reckon the middle one is about right - I'm surprised Ladbrokes hae gone so short on Southend.

Here's some tips for today:

Ancient World @ Nottingham - 3.40pm
Ma Yahab @ Newcastle - 4.30pm
Snap @ Beverley - 7.35pm

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ June 02 2004,13:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 02 2004,13:07)]Here's some tips for today:

Ancient World @ Nottingham - 3.40pm
Ma Yahab @ Newcastle - 4.30pm
Snap @ Beverley - 7.35pm

Kev
You realise my daughters 18th birthday present moneys riding on these..........
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
She good looking?

Kev

wink.gif

Back