• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Elvis

First XI
Sainsbury's want to get into Roots Hall by 2012, not one brick has been laid at our new stadium, where are we going to go.
Eastwood School is building a sort of stadium with a FIFA approved football pitch that is due to be completed for the 2012 GB Games,
Are you thinking what I'm thinking.

Sainsbury's want to get into Roots Hall by 2012, not one brick has been laid at our new stadium, where are we going to go.
Eastwood School is building a sort of stadium with a FIFA approved football pitch that is due to be completed for the 2012 GB Games,

Ha... good spot... but you are joking, yes? You don't REALLY think we could play at Eastwood school just because there is a FIFA approved pitch do you?

Sainsburys aint gonna wait for ever, a ground share is a possibility, new ground being built near southend, who knows might be RMs way out. Someone else tell me what's gonna happen.... cause no body knows

Sainsburys aint gonna wait for ever, a ground share is a possibility, new ground being built near southend, who knows might be RMs way out. Someone else tell me what's gonna happen.... cause no body knows

Correct - Sainsbury's won't wait forever - but do they really care if we have a ground or not?

If we have no ground then personally I do not think that will delay the Sainsbury's project any longer - they have been more than patient imho

I reckon a groundshare is definitly on the cards.

I'm thinking that whilst Sainsburys may want to get into Roots Hall by 2012, they probably also want VP on the entire site. So until the CPOs are sorted (or Pizza man and his friends decide to sell up), nothings going to happen at Roots Hall or Fossets Farm.

I would rather to a ground near Southend than a ground share with someone in Kent. I'm not sure if this eastwood school ground has some sort of grandstand being built, but how long would it take to put up temp stands to take more fans, I know they are spending in the millions on it..

What worries me is that a temporary ground share could turn into a longer term issue. Then, what if the club we're sharing with don't want us a tenants anymore (maybe we forfeit on rent payments... that's plausible)... and no other club wants us. That would be a disaster for the club and could spell the end for us... at least as a league club.

I'm not sure if this eastwood school ground has some sort of grandstand being built, but how long would it take to put up temp stands to take more fans, I know they are spending in the millions on it..

To be honest we'll only be getting 1,000 fans in the conference in 2012 so Eastwood School sounds like it'll fit the bill nicely.

RM cannot be trusted. Well I would not even ask him to house sit if I went away on holiday.
The furniture would be replaced by something of inferior quality, the family silver pawned, the builders for the new extension gone awol and the wheels come of the vehicle!- oh and I would be owing Sainsbury for groceries or loans taken out

I have no problem in groundsharing - if we have to - for a season whilst the ground is being built.

Deluded. If another ground is ever built, will take years if ever. Would be a great Echo story for what could happen though.

My daughters school is replacing the grass on the field with astroturf. I'm not sure it's FIFA approved but I reckon Ron could get it cheaper than Eastwood School.

Back