• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thurgood

1890-ARMY

As I poseted on here for first time this week thought I would follow this up.

As a Grays Supporter alot of your players have come through us so just wonder what you thought of the following

Kerrigan
Thurgood
Stimmo
Emberson
Lunan

I dont rate Emberson at all. Crap in my eyes

Thurgood was ace. I was even member of the Bombhead Appreciation Society
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Oct. 07 2004,16:11)]Thurgood was quality.
No he wasn't. He always gave 110% every game, which I admired him greatly for.

But one could never knowingly accuse him of having any quality. I'm struggling to remember a single pass which reached its inteded destination.

Lots and lots of hard work... but that's it.

- - -

As for the others on the list:

Kerrigan - not bad. Thought we let him go a bit early.

Stimson - was great on CM2...
tounge.gif
Seriously, can't remember much about him as a player.

Emberson - difficult one. At his best, an awesome player. Unfortunately, his best was when he was at Col Ewe. And for that, he was never forgiven by the Southend youngsters. Ours is a club he'll want to forget, I imagine.

Lunan - never saw him play.

Matt

Kerrigan - Youngster that didn't make it - now works at the gym that I attend.
Thurgood - Workrate almost made up for lack of ability. Almost.
Stimmo - Bit-part left back for 3 seasons or so. Good squad player but nothing more.
Emberson - Goalkeeper that I don't think was given enough of a chance because he was written off as Col Ewe scum before he started. Seemed very much a confidence player.
Lunan - Another youngster who didn't make it.

Kerrigan - Not bad, not great. Useful to have in the squad for back up though.

Thurgood - Another useful player to have, mainly so he can come on for the last few minutes and kick a few players up in the air. Has found his level with you though I'd say.

Stimson - Can't remember much about his playing days with us to be honest. Was a solid player, although I'm sure others will have their opinions!

Emberson - Woeful with us, although he looked far better when playing for you in the friendly during the summer.

Lunan - Didn't really get a chance with our first team. One of our better youth players in recent years though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 07 2004,15:16)]Emberson - Goalkeeper that I don't think was given enough of a chance because he was written off as Col Ewe scum before he started. Seemed very much a confidence player.
He was very inconsistant down at Weymouth. He didnt last long there, not suprisingly.....

Thurgood was quality only in the sense that you expected him to break someone's leg one day with his over exuberance ( not that i condone that ).

He gave his all but was crap really, never liked his hairdo.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Oct. 07 2004,15:18)]Thurgood was quality only in the sense that you expected him to break someone's leg one day with his over exuberance ( not that i condone that ).

He gave his all but was crap really, never liked his hairdo.
He didnt have a hairdo, cos he never had any hair
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (1890-ARMY @ Oct. 07 2004,15:10)]As I poseted on here for first time this week thought I would follow this up.

As a Grays Supporter alot of your players have come through us so just wonder what you thought of the following

Kerrigan
Thurgood
Stimmo
Emberson
Lunan
Carl Emberson won the prestigious TLG Reserve Team Player of the Year award last season - he was magnificent for the second-string. However, having seen him make a diabolical decision to come out and bring down a Wealdstone forward on Sunday afternoon for the Stones to score their all-important third goal from the penalty spot in the Second Qualifying Round of the FA Cup I realised that we probably made the right decision in releasing him!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 07 2004,16:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 07 2004,16:16)]Thurgood - Workrate almost made up for lack of ability. Almost.
I concur with my learned friend, and would add...

"...but not quite."
I liked Bombhead because of his 110% commitment to the cause and because he didnt shirk a challenge for that he was quality. He was never meant to be our beckham.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Oct. 07 2004,15:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 07 2004,16:20)]He didnt have a hairdo, cos he never had any hair
biggrin.gif
Good god, you're not good with irony are you
tounge.gif
No, mate, i'm still working on it
biggrin.gif

Back