• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ticket office

jrwshrimper

Schoolboy
alrite guys!
just wondered wat people views were on this. the ticket office phoned me at 7:45 tonite and asked if i was intrested in taking part in a lottery, were you pay by direct debit so much a month and are entered in a competetition to win sign ball, cash prizes and holidays. i am 16 and dont mind i dont see that there is an issue. but have been told its out of order and all that, anyway phoned back and apperently the ticket ofice is closed. wether or not it is wrong, the ticket office obviously has someone in there who doesnt want to answer calls and only make them seem a bit odd.
has anyone else been contacted is it genuin?

alrite guys!
just wondered wat people views were on this. the ticket office phoned me at 7:45 tonite and asked if i was intrested in taking part in a lottery, were you pay by direct debit so much a month and are entered in a competetition to win sign ball, cash prizes and holidays. i am 16 and dont mind i dont see that there is an issue. but have been told its out of order and all that, anyway phoned back and apperently the ticket ofice is closed. wether or not it is wrong, the ticket office obviously has someone in there who doesnt want to answer calls and only make them seem a bit odd.

Was contacted about a week ago, but wasn't interested

alrite guys!

The Blues Lottery is definitely genuine. Kent Shrimper on this board recently won a holiday for two in Spain. Are you sure the "ticket office" phoned you, and not the commercial department?

Have had 4 phone calls from them. Yes, 4.

Seemingly my mobile number has been listed in several people's accounts on the system, which is nice. So several of you with the surname starting with "S" who haven't been called yet, well that's probably because I've had your call!

Least the guy who does the ringing is a nice enough bloke, so I'm not that fussed.

cool cheers guys just wonderd lol
congratulations kent shrimper on his holiday.

well up the blues lets have next season

The Blues Lottery is definitely genuine. Kent Shrimper on this board recently won a holiday for two in Spain. Are you sure the "ticket office" phoned you, and not the commercial department?

could of been i suppose would make sense, cheers for replying lol
thanks mate

It isn't the ticket office, its the clubs new call center that called you. It is genunine. I don't know if the call center has a contact number, but the ticket office is definatly closed.

i think this is a great idea from the club and is a great bit of commercial work however i find it a little dissapointing that the club are phoning a 16 year boy who is only just able to play the lottery and encouraging him to gamble, while i think its a little imoral i realise that whoever called was just looking at a list of numbers and going down them.

mabye a leaflet/email/letter or some other form of communication could have been used to make it less direct and so people espicially the younger people can have time to think and not be pursuaded to join the scheme...

anyway feel free shot me down now! :)

Last edited:
i think this is a great idea from the club and is a great bit of commercial work however i find it a little dissapointing that the club are phoning a 16 year boy who is only just able to play the lottery and encouraging him to gamble, while i think its a little imoral i realise that whoever called was just looking at a list of numbers and going down them.

mabye a leaflet/email/letter or some other form of communication could have been used to make it less direct and so people espicially the younger people can have time to think and not be pursuaded to join the scheme...

anyway feel free shot me down now! :)

I would think that the club know the concessions and should know young people from pensioner-type ticket holders so there shouldn't be calls to very young people.

i find it a little dissapointing that the club are phoning a 16 year boy who is only just able to play the lottery and encouraging him to gamble, while i think its a little imoral i realise that whoever called was just looking at a list of numbers and going down them.

Would you sell a church raffle ticket to a child? Same thing, different religion...

I would think that the club know the concessions and should know young people from pensioner-type ticket holders so there shouldn't be calls to very young people.

Yes, you would have thought so, my son also received a phone call a couple of weeks ago and he is also 16 - and only just at that. I had to search through the literature because I thought it was out of order and expected to find a clause relating to having to be over 18, but no, 16 years olds are indeed welcome to take part, just as they are in the National Lottery.

expected to find a clause relating to having to be over 18, but no, 16 years olds are indeed welcome to take part, just as they are in the National Lottery.

The legal age limit for entering a LOTTERY is 16 years old, so does not matter if it is the National lottery or Joe Bloggs lottery the same rule applies. So although you may not like it, for a 16 year old to be contacted it is all legal and above board.

The legal age limit for entering a LOTTERY is 16 years old, so does not matter if it is the National lottery or Joe Bloggs lottery the same rule applies. So although you may not like it, for a 16 year old to be contacted it is all legal and above board.

That's what I mean, I EXPECTED it to be 18 for both and wasn't aware before I checked that it isn't. Daft though isn't it? Allowed to gamble but not drink legally.

Actually you are allowed to drink legally from 5 years old. :p

You have to be 16 to be able to drink Beer/Wine/Cider in a Pub as long as it is served with a meal and an Adult orders it.

Although of course you can only purchase Chocolate Liquers at 16 and all other alcoholic items from 18.

It seems the following gambling are allowed for a 16 year old to participate in

(a) participation in private or non-commercial gaming,

(b) participation in private or non-commercial betting,

(c) participation in a lottery,

(d) participation in football pools,

(e) the use of a Category D gaming machine,

(f) participation in equal chance gaming in accordance with a prize gaming permit,

(g) participation in equal chance gaming at a licensed family entertainment centre,

(h) participation in prize gaming at a non-licensed family entertainment centre.

i see what your trying to say rayleigh weir however i fail to see where selling a church raffle ticket to child and selling a lottery scheme to a child whereby x amount of money is taken out of a direct debit acount each month is the same...though it is legal so the club are well within their rights to do this

Legal or not, I think it is hardly appropriate for the club to be contacting such young fans and seeking commitment for lottery contributions. If we are that short of cash, I'd rather we dispensed with a player (of my choice) than felt the need to coerce juniors into gambling.

That's what I mean, I EXPECTED it to be 18 for both and wasn't aware before I checked that it isn't. Daft though isn't it? Allowed to gamble but not drink legally.

At least they'll be sober when deciding whether to gamble or not.

I managed my own finances from at least the age of 14 and I suspect most folks of around my age did similar. From 16 years of age I'd expect any child of mine to be responsible enough not to get themselves (seriously) into debt. Maybe if people learnt to take a bit responsibility for their money at an earlier age there wouldn't be so many adults crippling themselves financially.

In short, like many of the age-related restrictions - smoking, drinking, s£x, driving, and entering a lottery - the age that such a thing should become legal shouldn't be driven by the fact that the world is full of numpty's who will never learn... There are still some folks around with decent values and half a brain that shouldn't be penalised for the perceived stupidity of the masses...

Back