• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tie 8: The Naked Gun v Airplane!

Tie 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MK Shrimper

Striker
The Nielsen-off of the tie....

Jassyfa1 - The Naked Gunv Napster – Airplane

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is
[showing his nametag]
Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
[Kareem's getting mad]
Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-Airplane.2.jpg

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is
[showing his nametag]
Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
[Kareem's getting mad]
Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-Airplane.2.jpg

Pure class

I feel the need to see Airplane again!

Same here I got it on DVD I will drive up to MK later we can watch it while we spit roast that bird of yours - she has been longing for some right wing length for a while now....

The Spit Roast

The Diagram for Political correct roasting......

MK Shrimper
The Far Left
|
|
|
Mouth End
The Bird
Political Center
Arse End
|
|
|
TrueBlue
The Far Right

Last edited:
The Naked Gun wasn't as good as Police Squad (In colour).

"Who are you and how did you get in here?"

"I'm a locksmith and I'm a locksmith"

Randy: Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy: Oh, good.
Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
Jive Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady: Jive *** dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

Well they're all essentially the same, but I do love those Naked Gun films. Especially 2. But without Airplane, comedy films would never have been what they are today and I must have watched it 100 times over.

Close call, but Airplane snags it for me.

The Naked Gun wasn't as good as Police Squad (In colour).

"Who are you and how did you get in here?"

"I'm a locksmith and I'm a locksmith"

Spot on Cyril. Anyone who likes any of the Zucker Abrahams Zucker films should watch Police Squad, probably funnier than any of the films they made.

Spot on Cyril. Anyone who likes any of the Zucker Abrahams Zucker films should watch Police Squad, probably funnier than any of the films they made.

It is very good indeed. My copy of 'Top Secret' came in the post the other day. I think I might have officially worn it out though as I knew every single line 3 minutes before they came on. The girlfriend thought it was great though so must hold up alright!

Back