• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilson is our greatest ever manager

Csboy

Manager
Last year after promotion I said that Tilson was our 2nd greatest manager after David Webb but now I don't think there can be any doubt he is the greatest Manager in the History of Southend United.

I will always have the highest regard for David Webb but Tilson in my eyes has now surpassed him. Not just in winning the League 1 title but dragging us from the bottom of League 2 to where we are now with two LDV Finals along the way as well.

Tilson's Teams have also gone out there to play good Football as well something that wasn't always true of some of David Webb's teams.

Of course Paul Brush has played a huge part as well and they are more a partnership than a manager/Assistant manager.

I just hope they are with us for many years to come. Even if we are relegated next season they should be allowed to stay on and I hope the fans never get on their backs.
Only worry is a bigger club might come in for them. I am sure that Uncle Ron will give them large pay rises this summer to keep them here.

I agree TIlly is the best manager we've had and the football as always been good, great the way he has turned the club around, considering where we were when he took over.

We all know that the Tilson Out brigade will be out ni full force if we dont get off to a flier next season. I would ask you to think carefuly about how to drown them out if they start...or of course just drown them!
laugh.gif

What Webb achieved was amazing but I think Tilson has surpassed that and has to be regarded as our greatest Manager ever.

Tilly has done amazingly, and made some quality signings which only he could do. And remember, we were almost conference bound when he was first put in charge!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ May 07 2006,17:10)]Last year after promotion I said that Tilson was our 2nd greatest manager after David Webb but now I don't think there can be any doubt he is the greatest Manager in the History of Southend United.

I will always have the highest regard for David Webb but Tilson in my eyes has now surpassed him. Not just in winning the League 1 title but dragging us from the bottom of League 2 to where we are now with two LDV Finals along the way as well.

Tilson's Teams have also gone out there to play good Football as well something that wasn't always true of some of David Webb's teams.

Of course Paul Brush has played a huge part as well and they are more a partnership than a manager/Assistant manager.

I just hope they are with us for many years to come. Even if we are relegated next season they should be allowed to stay on and I hope the fans never get on their backs.
Only worry is a bigger club might come in for them. I am sure that Uncle Ron will give them large pay rises this summer to keep them here.
I agree. I've always said that David Webb was our greatest ever manager - until after the Swansea game last week.

Tilly has definitely surpassed him, by taking us to the Millennium Stadium three times, by winning the Play-Off Final and now the League 1 Championship. Webb only (!) managed two promotions. And Tilly started from a lower point than Webby did.

Sure, Webby did manage to get us to the top of what is now the Championship for three hours, and Tilly may not match that, but I am sure that he will stay on longer at that level than Webby did and continue to show just why he is our most successful manager of all time.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 07 2006,18:09)]I think that Tilsons transfer dealings have been exemplary, with the possible exception of JCR I can't think of one poor buy.
I wouldn't say that. So the Rotherham board got stroppy over the fineprint, we (and they) should've read then. Of course, from what I saw f him he was a Joe Cole with one too many tricks (that he couldn't fool the defender with), but I'm sure (or rather hope) that's innacurate.

But yes, freedom of the borough for Steve, and Freddy, and Darryl, and Kev...

Back