• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for another Fergie whinge?

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Surely a whinge from Fergie about the number of meaningless international games is long overdue?

I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate 50 years of the European Union and Manchester United in Europe than for their most successful manager in their history (football didn't begin until 1992) to whine about adding another pointless fixture to an already overcrowded fixture list.

What wound me up, was how the BBC have lumped in the team-news for this "match" on the same Teletext pages as tonight's actual Championship programme.

Shocking, but still do we expect anything less off the "all hail to the Premier League" BBC?

While they're celebrating European football maybe they could pause to give some respect to the genuine greats of the continent - Real Madrid (9 time champs), AC Milan (6 times), Liverpool (5 - can you imagine it? :D ), FC Bayern (4, including 3 in a row) and Ajax (4, including 3 in a row). Barcelona, Juventus and Benfica all also hold overall records in the competition superior to that of the Manure.

Somehow I can't see it happening. Respect is viewed by those at Old Toilet as something that's due to them from the rest of the footballing world as we all stare in wonder at the two European Cups, won 3 decades apart, held by "the greatest club in the whole wide world ever, ever, ever".

They embody everything I hate about football at the top end of the modern game, and our win over them, second XI or otherwise, was an unbelievably sweet moment for me which I previously hadn't even dreamt that I might be lucky enough to see.

While they're celebrating European football maybe they could pause to give some respect to the genuine greats of the continent - Real Madrid (9 time champs), AC Milan (6 times), Liverpool (5 - can you imagine it? :D ), FC Bayern (4, including 3 in a row) and Ajax (4, including 3 in a row). Barcelona, Juventus and Benfica all also hold overall records in the competition superior to that of the Manure.

Somehow I can't see it happening. Respect is viewed by those at Old Toilet as something that's due to them from the rest of the footballing world as we all stare in wonder at the two European Cups, won 3 decades apart, held by "the greatest club in the whole wide world ever, ever, ever".

They embody everything I hate about football at the top end of the modern game, and our win over them, second XI or otherwise, was an unbelievably sweet moment for me which I previously hadn't even dreamt that I might be lucky enough to see.

Even Nottingham Forest are as good...

What wound me up, was how the BBC have lumped in the team-news for this "match" on the same Teletext pages as tonight's actual Championship programme.

Shocking, but still do we expect anything less off the "all hail to the Premier League" BBC?

Did nobody tell you Glasgowsufc, the premiership is the only league in the world that matters!!

Silly you :p

Premiership :finger: ...

...Untill Southend United are in it anyway :angel:

Back