• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I heard this on BBC Essex last night, 2 clubs have already made firm offers to him........................sign him up now!!!

Didnt Phil say that discussions were ongoing or something like that. He did say that he would be meeting with RM to discuss this further. Timlin played like a player desperate to do well for this club. Like a few others his where abouts might be dependent on what div we are in

If the club get promoted, the only place I reckon he'd be tempted to join is Millwall - his local team and who he grew up watching (he's certainly proved himself a bit of a wrong'un recently)

He's top notch, always performs, great on the ball, a sweet left foot, courageous - a good, good footballer.
Promotion is vital to get him to sign a new contract, he's too good for the bottom division.

Can't believe we have let such an influential players contract run down.

Maybe the players have had some say in it.... At the end of the day if we don't get promotion, it gives them scope to move higher up the league.

This is why promotion is vital for us this year. Some of our big names are out of contract. If we lose them, and maybe Phil Brown, this club could take two years to get to the same spot.

If we win next Saturday at Wembley then it's a no contest for timlin, he will stay, it won't be championship teams wanting him anyway.

If the club get promoted, the only place I reckon he'd be tempted to join is Millwall - his local team and who he grew up watching (he's certainly proved himself a bit of a wrong'un recently)

He's top notch, always performs, great on the ball, a sweet left foot, courageous - a good, good footballer.
Promotion is vital to get him to sign a new contract, he's too good for the bottom division

Totally agree Mike, but he does owe the club some loyalty for the way they stuck by him when he got banged up. I think this will all end with promotion achieved at Wembley, Tims having another class performance and a new contract for div 1. There ya go, you heard it here first.

Totally agree Mike, but he does owe the club some loyalty for the way they stuck by him when he got banged up. I think this will all end with promotion achieved at Wembley, Tims having another class performance and a new contract for div 1. There ya go, you heard it here first.
Let's hope you're right!...
If it IS Millwall, then he could turn round and say he's repaid the club with helping them gain promotion, risking the wrath of his fiancé with that shiner just before his wedding!

Let's hope you're right!...
If it IS Millwall, then he could turn round and say he's repaid the club with helping them gain promotion, risking the wrath of his fiancé with that shiner just before his wedding!

So who would he rather be managed by, Phil or a Southend discard in Neil Harris?? Actually that's probably a hard question. He may have to ask Sturrock what he thinks.

This is the real down side of being involved in the play-offs. I would hope the club offers the ones out of contract that they want to keep a decent pay rise if we go up. What better incentive could there be for playing well at Wembley next week.

its a nothing story, he is a quality player and is out of contract= of course Sturrock is looking at him. Personally I will be very surprised if he goes anywhere

Edited for accuracy. Our ex manager is our biggest challenge in retaining Timlin's services. Funny how some of us (eh YB?) have been saying for ages how important Tims is to the team and suddenly everyone else is falling in!

You're sounding more like a SHRIMPER everyday,

wont be long before you change you're claret and blue, for your White and Blue.

Snr.
:smile:
Well if anything it was a typical West Ham comment - a class player at Millwall? Perish the thought.
As I've said on here before though, it's hard to ignore living so close to Roots Hall. Also I do have some involvement within the club, albeit on a voluntary basis.
For the record I do wear your colours when I attend.... and will do at Wembley with my kids.
Dare I say Everton at home tomorrow will no doubt be an anti climax compared to last night.

Back