• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't see why we should change the captain if the current one is still here. You don't need a piece of cloth around your arm to be a leader IMO.

Exactly right chapperz. Tims is captain material no doubt about that, but at this moment in time, we already have a captain. We also have Leonard and Barrett who are equally capable and have held the armband....hasn't BBBC as well at some point?

I don't see why we should change the captain if the current one is still here. You don't need a piece of cloth around your arm to be a leader IMO.

Exactly right....and in any case, when we play in the away kit they all have the captains armand

I rate Timlin a lot and he's vocal on the pitch, but I'm not quite sure I want someone who exploited a teammate and got sent to jail for it as captain. Keep Timlin free to do what he does best.

Said it all at the end of extra time on Saturday. Players all grouped round in a circle, White not doing anything special and Timlin physically dragged players and shouted at the rest to come down to the penalty box and listen to the fans singing. Personally, I don't rate White as a captain but don't think it's right to change it with him still at the club if Brown is still the manager. Brown clearly doesn't rate captains in terms of vocalness on the pitch, White as captain and Leonard vice-captain proves that when there are players like Barrett, Timlin and Prosser in the squad.

Barrett is the best leader at the moment for me.

They won't take the captaincy away from White, and I think that by the time he leaves, Timlin will be too old to be captain as they will want to pick someone younger so that they are captain for a long time. If he is still there, I think Leonard will be his successor.

Personally, I don't rate White as a captain but don't think it's right to change it with him still at the club if Brown is still the manager. Brown clearly doesn't rate captains in terms of vocalness on the pitch, White as captain and Leonard vice-captain proves that when there are players like Barrett, Timlin and Prosser in the squad.
The fact JW was runner up in the Players' Player of the Year this year, and I believe, last year, speaks volumes. We don't know what goes on day to day, the rest of the squad, as well as the manager, clearly rate him.

Barrett is the best leader at the moment for me.

They won't take the captaincy away from White, and I think that by the time he leaves, Timlin will be too old to be captain as they will want to pick someone younger so that they are captain for a long time. If he is still there, I think Leonard will be his successor.

not sure if JW will be first choice RB next season. an area of the pitch we need to strengthen. Of those at the club now, Barrett may or may not play next season so I think Timlin, Lennie or Coker for captain. If JW is still first-choice then I expect he'll continue

Surely Neil Harris will be trying to prise him away knowing full well that Timlin is a Millwall fan and out of contract?

The fact JW was runner up in the Players' Player of the Year this year, and I believe, last year, speaks volumes. We don't know what goes on day to day, the rest of the squad, as well as the manager, clearly rate him.
Completely agree, seems to be a leader by example as opposed to a motivator. I don't think it should be changed, my point was just that I wouldn't have chosen him as captain, but that's purely down to think the captain should be someone a bit more like Timlin who can get in a referees ear and make a difference in that respect as well, like Maher used to.

Back