• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Timlin may be out for 3 months

May explain why he was crap in the latter part of the season.

A bit harsh ...... but I was wondering if I was the only person who wondered how it was that Timlin kept his place every week - especially when we had such a range of other alternatives.

Perhaps Sturrock only views Kalala as being able to replace Timlin ........... in which case we might have to add 2 midfielders to the shopping list - unless Dailly is supposed to be cover?

A bit harsh ...... but I was wondering if I was the only person who wondered how it was that Timlin kept his place every week - especially when we had such a range of other alternatives.

Perhaps Sturrock only views Kalala as being able to replace Timlin ........... in which case we might have to add 2 midfielders to the shopping list - unless Dailly is supposed to be cover?

Harsh but fair. There were times when Timlin couldn't pass wind. I want to see the form of the Michael Timlin we had on loan.

OMG! :omg: Why have I put this on the Barker thread??? I know that I've had a very tiring few days..........but that really is no excuse...................perhaps I should get my cat to read through and verify my posts before I publish them! Getting a bit worried about myself. :sad:

OMG! :omg: Why have I put this on the Barker thread??? I know that I've had a very tiring few days..........but that really is no excuse...................perhaps I should get my cat to read through and verify my posts before I publish them! Getting a bit worried about myself. :sad:

Created a new thread for you :smile:

Dont think you have fully recovered from that time you buried yourself under a load of furniture while tring to unload your van and listen to blues commentary:smile:

Timlin hoping jab does the trick

SOUTHEND United midfielder Michael Timlin is hoping an injection can cure a long-term shoulder problem and stop him missing the start of the League Two season.

More...

Dont think you have fully recovered from that time you buried yourself under a load of furniture while tring to unload your van and listen to blues commentary:smile:

The perils of devotion and multi-tasking: sounds like a recipe for a shoulder injury.

Are you drunk? Kalala can't replace Timlin at all. Even putting aside the gulf in quality they are completely different roles.

Does this account for his drop in performance last season?

A shoulder injury sounds like the type of thing one would get from carrying a team for 6 months.

Sawyer would have been a far better option to come in for Timlin if he was struggling.

No - as sober as a boy scout. I'm searching around for reasons as to why Timlin wasn't rested towards the end of the season when we had so many other midfielders who might/should/could have been given a chance ...........

How many midfielders did we actually have available ? Kalala was injured. That left Ferdinand and Sawyer. Ferdinand was playing in some of the games and Sawyer just didnt meet Sturrocks expectations.

Hang on a minute...........are you talking about Timlin or myself? Could a simple injection be the solution to all my problems? .................................isn't that still illegal? :winking:

I was linking your dedication to the Blues cause whilst doing all those things under the van to the original concerns about MT, Yogi ... it would be nice if a simple injection was the solution, but I don't think that anyone's life is that simple.

Back