• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkishm

Director
Some posters hinting that Timlins injuries are worse than feared, i mean career ending injuries. Anybody no if this is true, or rumor only

Some posters hinting that Timlins injuries are worse than feared, i mean career ending injuries. Anybody no if this is true, or rumor only

Hmm haven't heard anything regarding that! Have heard some other rumours though.......

What have you heard?!

I think I remember on Top Gear that Clarkson punched someone some time ago then got sacked. I imagine in a parallel world the opposite would have happened and Clarkson would have got punched instead, maybe even more?

There have been many different versions of 'common knowledge' banded about and, as MK says, none of it will be published on here to protect SZ from a potential libel case. So if anyone has news of Timlin's injury progress, bring it on.

Yep there are problems, I'm almost sure of that ( but this LeeBlue thinks he has deep connections with the players and the the board... and says it's not true. The relationship between PB and the players is fine, he says) a lot of problems between PB and players.

I'm probably setting myself for a slap here, but isn't libel all about stating a falsehood as fact?

There is certainly a lot of smoke swirling around here for it to be highly likely that "something" Timlin-related has happened.

If someone simply reports what he has heard, caveated to the heavens, does that still raise the risk of a potential libel claim? Especially if "something" has actually happened, which would surely deter a libel suit?

I remember one of the anti-Brown fundamentalists recently made a statement along the lines "Brown is trying to get the sack/get us relegated". Can't be arrrsed to check if it was caveated in any way, but recollect it was just a bald statement. Is that not potentially libellous in a similar way?

Yep there are problems, I'm almost sure of that ( but this LeeBlue thinks he has deep connections with the players and the the board... and says it's not true. The relationship between PB and the players is fine, he says) a lot of problems between PB and players.

I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't know what he's talking about! Relationship between manager and elements of both his backroom staff and his playing squad are not good at all.

We could do with the Timlin of 2014/15 back though.

Truth is an absolute defence to a Libel action, but it's still expensive to defend. But equally expensive to claim, especially if you lose.to

And there's no point in claiming against people or organisations seen as being "of straw", i.e. nothing significant to pay damages from.

I think I remember on Top Gear that Clarkson punched someone some time ago then got sacked. I imagine in a parallel world the opposite would have happened and Clarkson would have got punched instead, maybe even more?

Very clever:winking:

Truth is an absolute defence to a Libel action, but it's still expensive to defend. But equally expensive to claim, especially if you lose.to

And there's no point in claiming against people or organisations seen as being "of straw", i.e. nothing significant to pay damages from.

Yes agreed. So in reality is there really much risk of libel in this scenario? Or does it just give certain people an opportunity to play the "I know something you don't" card again?

Yes truth is a defence, but does anyone on here actually know what happened. In order to use the truth argument, you would have had to have witnessed the alleged incident. I doubt any member/guest on SZ would have witnessed said incident if it in fact happened which it may or may not have done, so publishing said rumour on an open forum, is a potential disaster for a site we all love so please do not post what is only a rumour which is probably not true in anycase on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back