• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To those who went to Preston...

I was at Deepdale and I write as a Preston fan and your fans were a credit to your club and in fact (as much as this hurts me to say) I really believe that your approach to the game and the bravery and bottle your players showed was refreshing and it truly showed up our players heart and desire to see a game out which is something we have come accustomed to of late - I cannot remember a game at Deepdale in which the home supporters clapped so many things that the opposition did and all of your goals were excellently executed - especially the one by McCormack who must have took much delight in that goal against the manager who wasn't willing to give him a chance! They say football has a way of evening things out and things can come back to haunt you and today we certainly saw that.

Southend never gave up and kept believing that they could get a result and I lost count of the amount of long range shots that flew at our goal and at the end, as my head sank into my hands, it was hard to begrudge Southend the 3 points - and believe me that leaves me quite depressed!

Last edited:
I was at Deepdale and I write as a Preston fan and your fans were a credit to your club and in fact (as much as this hurts me to say) I really believe that your approach to the game and the bravery and bottle your players showed was refreshing and it truly showed up our players heart and desire to see a game out which is something we have come accustomed to of late - I cannot remember a game at Deepdale in which the home supporters clapped so many things that the opposition did and all of your goals were excellently executed - especially the one by McCormack who must have took much delight in that goal against the manager who wasn't willing to give him a chance! They say football has a way of evening things out and things can come back to haunt you and today we certainly saw that.

Southend never gave up and kept believing that they could get a result and I lost count of the amount of long range shots that flew at our goal and at the end, as my head sank into my hands, it was hard to begrudge Southend the 3 points - and believe me that leaves me quite depressed!

Cheers Very Nice to hear that.Lets Hope we stay up.

Very gracious sir. Perhaps this defeat will be the kick up the ar$e your team needs to re-start the season, and retain your play-off spot. Certainly it would be better to see PNE in the play-offs than Stoke, Wolves, or heaven forfend Col Ewe.

Very gracious sir. Perhaps this defeat will be the kick up the ar$e your team needs to re-start the season, and retain your play-off spot. Certainly it would be better to see PNE in the play-offs than Stoke, Wolves, or heaven forfend Col Ewe.

Colu Behave Mate .Just cos the wife is away ...Get the JD Out and get back to your senses:D

I seriously questioned my sons intelligence after Fridays effort, but i'm looking forward to his return tonight to ge the full story.
Why do Southend do this to us so often?

It was a superb performance today by the lads. Every single player worked their socks off and gave 110%. As Tilly has said you will not see 3 better goals in a match. I can still hear the boom of Macca's boot when he hit that volley - sounded like a mortar exploding. A great day at Preston and was certainly up there with Chesterfield last season.

Great to also see Adam Barrett back - bearing in mind he has not played a single game for over 6 weeks he was immense and optimised what SUFC means to him. I am sure his commitment etc rubs off on the other players.

Thanks very much for posting that on here - the way your supporters stayed and clapped our team of the pitch was heart-warming . If you can , maybe you can pass on the Blues' fans appreciation at this gesture to your fellow supporters .

I'm also a PNE fan who stayed on until the end to applaude your players off the pitch....they deserved it. I also applauded the strike from McCormack...good on him.

I've put various threads on our PNE forum commenting on how well your lads played, what brilliant goals they scored and what a great little player Campbell-Ryce is. He was my MOM out of all the players on the field. I personally had never heard of him before and he covered that much of the pitch I didn't even know what flipping position he was meant to be in :D every credit to him he ran rings around us in my opinion.

No way should the team which you put out today be fighting against relegation...hope you manage to avoid it. Good luck.

I'm also a PNE fan who stayed on until the end to applaude your players off the pitch....they deserved it. I also applauded the strike from McCormack...good on him.

I've put various threads on our PNE forum commenting on how well your lads played, what brilliant goals they scored and what a great little player Campbell-Ryce is. He was my MOM out of all the players on the field. I personally had never heard of him before and he covered that much of the pitch I didn't even know what flipping position he was meant to be in :D every credit to him he ran rings around us in my opinion.

No way should the team which you put out today be fighting against relegation...hope you manage to avoid it. Good luck.

Thanks very much for that, always nice to hear. Can you put a link up to your forum?

Thanks to the Preston fans for being so kind in defeat - I would personally like to see you make the play offs rather than some of the parachute premier clubs like Brum, Wba Wolves and Sunderland. You have got where you are through raw materials and good football. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Also would like like to back up dusty bin by saluting the fans that kept the faith and made the journey today. Good Friday was the lowest moment for me as a blues fan since we lost 4-0 to Yeovil and went bottom of league 2. I honestly believed after the Col U game that we were dead and buried. Well done Tilly and the boys and all fans that made the trek.

The forum we use is www.pne-online.co.uk

Please beware it isn't a pretty place to be at the moment as you can imagine. Some of our lads are calling for everybodies heads. Albeit everyone has praised the way Southend played today. A few of them argue loads amongst themselves all the time. My name on there is pne4eva2003 I've put a couple of threads on re applauding your players off the pitch, Campbell-Ryce, three wonder strikes and why did the Southend fans boo Ricketts...lol

I don't know if you lot ever argue a lot between yourselves but sometimes it's like a warzone on the PNE site, just be careful :D

Thanks all the Preston fans for such great comments.

I myself was exceptionally proud of the way the fans were today!!!

Well Done Blues.

I must admit, getting up at 7:10am and travelling 256 miles to Preston after the last two games I was beginning to wonder if i'm losing it but the reason I keep going is because things like that can happen and when it does it feels amazing to be there and witness the fantastic occasion.

PNE fans were very gratitous towards our players and not so towards their own. To be applauded off by the home support speaks volumes.

:D

Thanks to the Preston fans for being so kind in defeat - I would personally like to see you make the play offs rather than some of the parachute premier clubs like Brum, Wba Wolves and Sunderland. You have got where you are through raw materials and good football. Good luck with the rest of the season.

yeah nice1, hope preston get into the playoffs too. much rather them in the prem than the likes of the boo boys brum

Back