• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

today's game

HUTTON

well done boys, good to see Lawson score his first league goal hopefully first of many, thought we played well in first half but the second half we let them play.  We didn't rush them like we did the first half.  Good to see us winning these games at home.  IMO the ref was good in the first half, then appaling in the second.  How can you a freekick against bentley when the oldham player has his arms around him and pulling him away. Doesn't matter now, the main thing is we won.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

Yep lawson had a good game

Like I said elsewhere, after the Oldham subs came on the game changed...

Great game. As I've said, I'm getting more and more hopeful that we can do something in this league with every game. If we keep this form up, mid-table consolidation is in order, then we can push for the championship next year....

I can dream...
wink.gif

I know it's absolute folly to say this but at the moment, I don't think we have anything to fear from anyone int his league.

The standard is visibly better but then several of our players (Eagle, Gutts, Gower and Gray in particular) seem to have raised their games considerably.

I thought it would be much harder but if we can perform like the first half week in week out, we may have an outside shot at the playoffs.

Of course, being good enough to be there and being there are two completely different things. We saw last season how good form can mysteriously leave you struggling for a scrapped point anywhere. Midtable would be an excellent achievement this year, make no mistake, and anything better would, quite frankly, elevate this season to the height of last year in terms of performance over expectations.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 04 2005,20:11)]I know it's absolute folly to say this but at the moment, I don't think we have anything to fear from anyone int his league.

The standard is visibly better but then several of our players (Eagle, Gutts, Gower and Gray in particular) seem to have raised their games considerably.

I thought it would be much harder but if we can perform like the first half week in week out, we may have an outside shot at the playoffs.

Of course, being good enough to be there and being there are two completely different things.  We saw last season how good form can mysteriously leave you struggling for a scrapped point anywhere.  Midtable would be an excellent achievement this year, make no mistake, and anything better would, quite frankly, elevate this season to the height of last year in terms of performance over expectations.
To be honest, i thought we would be in trouble if Eastwood was injured and missed some games, but on the last few performances we've exceeded expectations, even coping with the loss of another striker...players seem to be making the most of the opportunities they are given...well except for that Spinner bloke he was crap up front
tounge.gif

Great first half today, Lawson played better than I thought he would, guttridge for me is claiming that position ahead of Bentley.

Ive been impressed in every match so far at some point.
Port Vale the second half was excellent, Huddersfield 1st Half.

Col U good throughout and excellent first half today.

We do need to try to keep on the top of the games we dominate though as these teams punish you more, like Huddersfield did with their route one goal at the end of the half.

Lots of tough games coming up though so its going to be a challenge to maintain this form and should we lose two or three in a row it will test the squad.

Back