• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Today's game

OlvisIII

Coach
Wasn't at the game today, but looking at Northampton's form and our injury probs, I would have more than settled for a point before the game. The squad is playing tremendously well at the moment and I can't wait for next season. Every year I always anticipate a promotion campaign only to be disappointed, but we reall stand a chance next year if we can keep the players and coaching staff. Has anybody got home who went today? Did we deserve the result?

Yeah we did, I was slightly disappointed we didn't hold on for all three, but we'd have all taken a point before the game.
It was a good game, end to end stuff, Northampton certainly had the clearer cut chances in the second half...but equally we had a couple of chances to go 3-1 up. Thought Bentley looked uncomfortable on right but Stuart did OK to come in at centre back in place of Warren.
Certainly a fantastic result given Northampton's recent home record, and great noise from the large Shrimpers' contingent.

I certainly would have taken the point before the game, but was very disappointed that we didn't hold on for all 3. However, we could have easily lost 4-2 with Northampton missing a good number of chances.

What's wrong with Wozza?

Apparently he got injured in the warm up, not sure how serious it is.
Typical John Taylor scored for them, wearing number 40 (his age?!), I remember the days when he and Dion Dublin used to cause us problems playing for Cambridge.

It was a good game thought we may have pinched the three points shame we couldnt hold out . Shrimper fans were just great out sung the home support if thats what they call themselfs .

Just got back. Decent game, especially the second half and overall I think a draw was a fair result, although it was disappointing to let the lead slip because I felt we were the better side in the second period.. Yet again the fans were superb and we totally outsung the pathetic home 'support'. There were a couple of people playing for their contracts today. I think we'll be seeing Tes leave in the summer, but I thought Stuart played very well in central defence today and he might well have earned a contract.

Considering all our injuries, we played OK but we didn't do much going forward. Constantine did OK but Gower wasn't at his best and Bentley didn't look comfortable down the right wing, not helped by the fact that he was penalised every 2 minutes by the terrible linesman. Jupp was very poor and Man of the Match for me was Cort. Won everything in the air and it was probably the best I've seen him play this season. Flavs was also very good and Nicolau played excellently down the left side. Not surprisingly the coach(or should I say bus; after last week's rampage of the Supreme depot we had to have a bus) arrived hours early, which meant we got to meet the players briefly as they arrived which was nice.

And Orient lost 3-0
biggrin.gif
Hull also drew 1-1, which means they'll be playing for promotion on Tuesday.
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 17 2004,21:13)]Just got back. Decent game, especially the second half and overall I think a draw was a fair result, although it was disappointing to let the lead slip because I felt we were the better side in the second period.. Yet again the fans were superb and we totally outsung the pathetic home 'support'. There were a couple of people playing for their contracts today. I think we'll be seeing Tes leave in the summer, but I thought Stuart played very well in central defence today and he might well have earned a contract.

Considering all our injuries, we played OK but we didn't do much going forward. Constantine did OK but Gower wasn't at his best and Bentley didn't look comfortable down the right wing, not helped by the fact that he was penalised every 2 minutes by the terrible linesman. Jupp was very poor and Man of the Match for me was Cort. Won everything in the air and it was probably the best I've seen him play this season. Flavs was also very good and Nicolau played excellently down the left side. Not surprisingly the coach(or should I say bus; after last week's rampage of the Supreme depot we had to have a bus) arrived hours early, which meant we got to meet the players briefly as they arrived which was nice.

And Orient lost 3-0  
biggrin.gif
ghostface.gif
I think 2-2 was a fair result, 3 months ago we would've buckled under the late pressure.
Some of the decisions by the ref and the linesmen beggared belief..! Especially the **** of a linesman in front of the main stand in the second half.
The support from the travelling shrimper army put Northampton to shame, they didn't wake up until near the end. You'd never have guessed they're in the running for a play off spot judging by their comatose support.

As a matter of interest did anyone get a beer anywhere? It was retail park hell devoid of entertainment from what I could see.
sad.gif

YES 6 of us went for a little yomp for 15 mins and found two nice pubs just off a houseing estate . Also had a drink in the wine bar opposite burger king . But the beer was like ditch water and at 2 90 a pint pure cr*p .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ April 17 2004,22:49)]YES 6 of us went for a little yomp for 15 mins and found two nice pubs just off a houseing estate . Also had a drink in the wine bar opposite burger king . But the beer was like ditch water and at 2 90 a pint pure cr*p .
Ouch! Was the barman wearing a mask when he robbed you?
wink.gif

You need to remember the name of the pub for next season so the SZ faithful can convene for a few bevvies. Don't think Northampton will be going up!
smile.gif

On our yomp we found a pub selling handpumped Theakstons Black Bull bitter at £1.92 a pint!!! Hopefully we will be going back next year.
biggrin.gif

I spent my pre-match stuffing chips down my laddo's gob in Burger King and selling tickets. One Northampton fan actually asked me if I was a tout. To which the inevitable reply came "No, but £40 a ticket for you, sir."
wink.gif

I think maybe next season I won't buy any tickets as you can clearly see the game from the top of the hill above the ground.
rock.gif
A forward thinking ice cream seller even parked his van up there to cash in on those watching the match for free.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 17 2004,23:27)]I spent my pre-match stuffing chips down my laddo's gob in Burger King and selling tickets.  One Northampton fan actually asked me if I was a tout.  To which the inevitable reply came "No, but £40 a ticket for you, sir."  
wink.gif

I think maybe next season I won't buy any tickets as you can clearly see the game from the top of the hill above the ground.  
rock.gif
   A forward thinking ice cream seller even parked his van up there to cash in on those watching the match for free.
Once again cheers for getting me the ticket.

Shrimper Zoo, SZ's resident spiv..!
wink.gif

my friends at uni in northampton and was working in the TGI's near the ground, he was happily giving me free beer before the game
smile.gif
..... and after come to think of it ;)

Any time, WB. Always happy t help out a Shrimpers fan. Though I might endeavour not to wear fake Burberry shorts next time.
wink.gif

I was turned away at the bowling alley (which is where the Northampton proggrame sellers sent me). Saying away supporters tend to drink in the bar round the corner as they are more welcome there!
rock.gif
Did'nt mind though as it was a nice bar, and lots of shrimpers started turning up soon after us! Great day,great vocal support. (The guy singing 'theres only 3 Leon C's' was a bit annoying though! And a bit half cut!):D Could'nt help but sing 'Maher is our leader', which is exactly what he is, he was outstanding. And Gower seemed to be all over the place, what an amazing player! Credit to Stuart, i was ****ed off when it was announced Warren would not be playing but Stuart done very well. All in all, a very enjoyable day. Well done the blues and the Barmy Army that made all the noise:;): My throat hurts though:p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BENFLEET BLUE! @ April 18 2004,10:40)]Credit to Stuart, i was ****ed off when it was announced Warren would not be playing but Stuart done very well.
Yeah agreed I though Stuart worked very hard and defended well considering his lack of height.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BENFLEET BLUE! @ April 18 2004,10:40)]I was turned away at the bowling alley
Really? That's where we were advised to go after being turfed out of Sixfields on police advice. Shipmans, the pub we went to before that was OK, but the taxi we grabbed hold of to the match was quality- great selection of music.

biggrin.gif

ps Adam- PM me, let me know what happened.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ April 17 2004,22:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 17 2004,21:13)]Just got back. Decent game, especially the second half and overall I think a draw was a fair result, although it was disappointing to let the lead slip because I felt we were the better side in the second period.. Yet again the fans were superb and we totally outsung the pathetic home 'support'. There were a couple of people playing for their contracts today. I think we'll be seeing Tes leave in the summer, but I thought Stuart played very well in central defence today and he might well have earned a contract.

And Orient lost 3-0  
biggrin.gif
ghostface.gif
I think 2-2 was a fair result, 3 months ago we would've buckled under the late pressure.
Some of the decisions by the ref and the linesmen beggared belief..! Especially the **** of a linesman in front of the main stand in the second half.  
The support from the travelling shrimper army put Northampton to shame, they didn't wake up until near the end. You'd never have guessed they're in the running for a play off spot judging by their comatose support.

As a matter of interest did anyone get a beer anywhere? It was retail park hell devoid of entertainment from what I could see.  
sad.gif
We drank in town all day, found loads of boozers, and had a thourghly enjoyable time

Back