• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tom Daly

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Right his dad has died of cancer - sad sad news at 40 is no age

But aside from the fact he has died is the fact the media feel the need to tell me??!? Why did I need to know this??? Had toms diving partners father died would that have been on the news??? I seriously doubt it.

Scott that is ****ing harsh. The boy is immensely talented at his profession and his dad has just died give the poor lad a break.

Ok if you want to take a swipe at the media, 6 words. Simon ****ing Cowell & Cheryl ****ing Cole.

:clap: well said H!

I dont think the media have gone over the top with the Daly story (that i've seen anyway). His Dad gave up his business to help his son achieve what he has achieved thats pretty amazing!

How is it harsh?? - I am highlighting the fact that this person seems to be getting all this media attention while nobody has or would give a damn about his diving partner

Because at 14(?) when he broke through he was a sensation - hence why he gets all the media attention. There's plenty of cockroaches far less worthy than Tom Daly that get coverage - the entire cast of that bowel scraping awful ******-fest that is The Only Way Is Essex.

Right his dad has died of cancer - sad sad news at 40 is no age

But aside from the fact he has died is the fact the media feel the need to tell me??!? Why did I need to know this??? Had toms diving partners father died would that have been on the news??? I seriously doubt it.

In general I agree that there's a huge difference between "in the public interest", and "in the interest of the public", and that most the tabloid media seems to fail to understand this. It's because of this we have the current superinjunction farce, as the media can't be trusted to self police.

In this case, however, I'd say it does warrant a mention. The lad is a talented diver, with a real chance of an Olympic medal. Had he been injured now, it would affect his training, and therefore chances. That would've been news worthy. In this case he's had to face some very upsetting news that while not physically injuring him could still affect his training. Id's say, therefore, that this is newsworthy.

Having said that, if the Sun are doing an 8 page pull out on the life of his father, then they're definitely going too far.

Back