• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He was at Stevenage on Saturday watching the O's. Fans recognised him, and yes he was on crutches.

I think he must have rocket powered crutches then (surprised we can afford them) as i will swear he was on our pitch at about 1445 getting Player of the Month award

I think he must have rocket powered crutches then (surprised we can afford them) as i will swear he was on our pitch at about 1445 getting Player of the Month award

He was at Stevenage on Saturday watching the O's. Fans recognised him, and yes he was on crutches.

I heard that Billy Ocean had twisted his ankle, and living close to Stevenages ground, decided to hobble over to take in a game...maybe thats who he saw? :winking:

He was in the car park at 1455 putting something in his car and hopping around on crutches.

Who was ? R you talking about Tomlin?

He was in the car park at 1455 putting something in his car and hopping around on crutches.

He was bloody stood next to me at the side of the pitch, couldn't even got up onto the pitch at 10 to 3 yesterday! Whoever was masquerading at Stevenage, it wasn't Gav!

He was bloody stood next to me at the side of the pitch, couldn't even got up onto the pitch at 10 to 3 yesterday! Whoever was masquerading at Stevenage, it wasn't Gav!

Maybe he meant Mohsni, he has been training there.

Nick Alliker ‏@BBCNick
#Southend boss Paul Sturrock tells @BBCEssex Tomlin's injury is long term & thigh tear is bigger than first thought. Update later in week.

I suppose it's the consequence of playing with a small squad but our bad luck in losing key players throughout this season is really proving a handicap we could do without.
I felt that we had a team that could take this league by the scruff of the neck in December and then (not totally unexpectedly) we lost Mkandawire and our defense looked rather less solid than before. At virtually the same time Laird and Assombalonga were sidelined with injuries and sod me, as soon as these two return (and Spillane arrives in order to fill the gap that Mkandawire left), Tomlin looks as though he could be out for a long while.............it certainly doesn't sound good. Will Luggy be able to delve into the loan market to find a replacement for Gavin? Don't get the impression that finding someone to replace him is going to be that easy.

I am not normally one to be dramatic but that really could end the promotion hopes, watching on saturday it was painfully obvious that Tomlin is absolutely vital for us. Unless freddy can sort himself out and find some old sparkle we may well miss out (again) or maybe the boy Reeves will shine and we can extend his stay, I just dont know where that hole is going to be filled.

Massive blow losing Tomlin,him and Britt are a very dangerous partnership.Hope he is back soon.On the positive side we do have a few options available too us up front.It would be great too see Freddy come good in rundown too end of the season.

As I mentioned in the match thread on Sat. It could be the end of his season....

Let's hope not.

Got to feel sorry for Gav, he's been having a great season (best of his career) and his agent must have been rubbing his hands with glee that he's out of contract here at the end of the season - now he's injured and must be worried about whether he'll have a contract anywhere next year.

Ron must be pleased though as the cards are stacked in our favour regarding a new contract!

Back