• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tonight

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Is that chat room available tonight, and is there any commentary on the game?

Sounds inspiring...

laugh.gif

Well, i've just got back. Very much a fringe squad, with 5 trialists (I think). Kenzie Ibe scored the first after Mitchell Cole's shot came off the underside of the bar. Mark Bentley scored the second with the final kick of the game; very similar to his one against Norwich!

1st Half
Griemink, Jupp, Eagle, Spinner, Wright; Petts, Gower, Cole (Husnu), Ibe, Edusei

2nd Half
Griemink, Hunt, Wilson, Eagle, Wright; Petts (Max Porter), Gower (Cole), Brad Hand? Babatunde (Ibe), Woodard, Bentley.

Hope that makes sense; not sure of some of the youngsters in the second half.

Couple of points; Ibe was quite impressive, especially in the second half. Very good close control and a few silky skills. Made some good runs, and was in the right place to score the first.

Woodard; The trialist from Chelsea; Much better than Saturday; possibly our best player in the second half.

Goodacre. He played 75 Minutes for Maldon tonight and was the best player on the pitch. Very very impressive. Anyone know why he hasn't featured for us?

All in all, not a bad workout.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ July 26 2005,22:42)]Apparently Oli was at the game tongiht.
Well if i'm mistaken and this Casey fella was indeed Dennis Oli then he looks very good.

If however he was the no.22 who came on for 15 minutes in the second half, I'll be worried!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ July 26 2005,22:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ July 26 2005,22:42)]Apparently Oli was at the game tongiht.
Well if i'm mistaken and this Casey fella was indeed Dennis Oli then he looks very good.

If however he was the no.22 who came on for 15 minutes in the second half, I'll be worried!

biggrin.gif
My nipper was at the game tonight and said that the no 22 , gut was bigger than vicy pollards.........we gotta sign him!!!!

I agree It was a good workout, reading the other thread saying crap game etc I found quite annoying.

Points from tonights game....

Casey looks good. Holds the ball up well good close control and was in the right place for the first goal. Well worth a good look at Grays.

The lad on trial fom Chelsea was solid in the second half.

I quite liked the look of Wright at left back and Mitchell Cole at left wing. (Incidentley Cole came off in the first half having sprained his wrist looked like he was in alot of pain, came back on in second half all strapped up)

The African trialist who played about 10 mins of second half....goodbye. (from the laughter on the bench he wont be wearing the southend shirt again.

Highlight of tonight for me was meeting Nicky Smith who now plays for Maldon Town. Nicky scored my favourite SUFC goal against Blackpool in 87/88 season and it was really good to finally meet the man. (bloody hell he has got some grey hair)
spent most of first half chatting with Wayne Gray. He loves playing for Southend wants to stay on was dissapointed with being dropped towards end of season with Laurie Dudfield taking his place. Felt he was doing more than enough to warrant a start. 13 goals and 10 assists fro Freddy in 35 odd starts! He is excited for the coming season after the signing of Cole. Will increase service into the box. He also thinks that Jay Smith playing central midfield is best for him as in the pre season games Smith always looks for him and plays an attacking ball allowing Gray to use his pace.

As an aside and it wasnt from Wayne but Shaun Goater was after £6800 PW and a signing on fee running into tens of thousands of pounds. "Feed the Goat and he wil score?" Dont think so mate

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ July 26 2005,23:04)]As an aside and it wasnt from Wayne but Shaun Goater was after £6800 PW and a signing on fee running into tens of thousands of pounds. "Feed the Goat and he wil score?"  Dont think so mate
Blimey
wow.gif

Back