• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tonights Echo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,13:05)]Didn't Steve Bull of Wolves play for England while in Div 4? Also back in the 60's Johnny Byrne played for England when he was at Palace.
Bully played for England shortly after Wolves gained promotion from Div 3 to Div 2 (League 1 to Championship in modern parlance).

Scored a goal on his debut vs Scotland IIRC.

I really wouldn't want any of our players being lost to international duty, as it would have an adverse effect on Southend. Selfish maybe, but there you go.

or alternatively, think of the potential benefit to Southend if Freddy realises he can get that kind of recognition without having to move to a 'big club'.

In tonight's Southern Daily Echo there was a short article about Freddy, where he was quoted as being very happy at Southend, and not interested in moving as he wanted to help us get promoted. Hopefully that will help get Redknapp off the scent!

But I think fair play to Freddy if he does get picked for England. If it helps him develop, then surely it helps us? I would be delighted for him if it was to happen.

I cant believe how this is being recieved by most of the people on here, personally I would be ecstatic if SUFC had risen to the level of being good enough to supply England albeit U-21 with a player , especially a striker ! Think of rise in profile it would give us .. other players might think that we are a Club going places and consider us more seriously when we approach them . As for " keep Freddy away from England so he's fresh for us" is absolute crap , surely the benefits way outdo the negatives , and taking it to its logical conclusion are all you downbeats saying that you never want us to have international players then....?    surely then you must be hoping we dont go into the Championship next year where most of the squads have more than a smattering of internationals....  its called progress you numbsculls ... P.S. Peter Taylor was only in Southend today to open an all weather pitch at a school and simply said "that we'll have to wait and see" he did also say that if he was Ron Martin he would get Tilly on a new contract ASAP ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,17:31)]I really wouldn't want any of our players being lost to international duty, as it would have an adverse effect on Southend. Selfish maybe, but there you go.
DOH DOH DOH DOH OK fine lets try not to progress and try not to improve the quality of players that we sign then you wont have to worry will you ........... AAARRRRRRHHHHH
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,23:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,17:31)]I really wouldn't want any of our players being lost to international duty, as it would have an adverse effect on Southend. Selfish maybe, but there you go.
DOH DOH DOH DOH    
...Freddy Eastwood DOH DOH DOH DOH... Freddy Eastwood

laugh.gif

I must admit I'm totally with prittlrwell shrimper on this.

If you have good players you have a good team.

If you have a good team you win more than you lose and end up getting promoted.

If you get promoted you can attract better players.

If you get better players you have a better team.

If the team is better then more games will be won and we get promoted again.

If we have good players they will attract the attention of the big boys.

The higher the league we are in the more attention our players will get.

If we have really good players the chances are that some of them may be looked at by their respective countries as potential Internationals.

Having Internationals at the club increases the profile and helps attract better players as well as adding huge value to the individuals prices.

We can eventually sell the biggest assets for megabucks to big clubs. This provides the club with financial security for the future.

Whats the alternative?

Play crap. Have crap players. Never get noticed. Never have excitement on the terraces. Never have heroes to worship.

Lets bring back the days of Little, Wignall, Newman. Things were much better then. We didn't have all these positive things to worry us. All we had to do was avoid relegation.

rock.gif

IF we do get promotion to the championship, we wouldn't miss any players called up for international duty anyway, as there's only a league programme for Leagues 1 and 2 when International matches take place.

Yeah with promotion to championship we would have weekends off for international games
wink.gif

Back